Helping boys at-risk of criminal activity: qualitative results of a multi-component intervention
- Going beyond good. Butterworth, W.E. // Boys' Life;Jan1997, Vol. 87 Issue 1, p21
Focuses on the Public Service program of the Boy Scouts of America participated in by the citizens in the community called `super citizens' for the purpose of crime prevention awareness. Drug-abuse discussion; Types of participating citizens; Good Turn project. INSET: Super citizens fight drug...
- Boy Scouts Enter Law Enforcement. Schwartz, Dawn // Dollars & Sense;Nov/Dec2006, Issue 268, p5
The article offers information on a pilot program by the government of Hong Kong, China that aims to stop illegal posting of copyrighted material on the Internet. The program is recruiting and training 200,000 11 to 20 year-olds from the Boy Scouts and other groups to search Internet discussion...
- Education program helping combat sexual abuse. Lenckus, Dave // Business Insurance;4/24/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 17, p25
The article presents information on the Youth Protection program of the Boy Scouts of America that aims to protect youth from molestation. The increase in molestation claims has prompted the creation of the program. Another objective of the initiative is to prevent or minimize the long-term...
- ENDING THE "ORDINARY" ABUSE OF YOUNG MEN AND BOYS. KNIGHT, CHARLES // Voice Male;Summer2014, Vol. 18 Issue 63, p27
The author discusses the changes that have occurred since the hurt and humiliation he experienced when he was 14 years old, when he was singled out as a "fag" by other boys and there was no adult to lend him any support. Topics mentioned include a brief profile of Close to Home, a Dorchester...
- Promote crime prevention and goodwill. O'Toole, Patrick // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Aug97 Part 1 of 2, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p42
Reports on the call to alarm dealers to get involved in crime prevention for the month of October 1997. Dealers' sending for kits designed to help organize local crime prevention related events; ADT Security Services' volunteering to help augment the distribution of sponsor-neutral materials.
- Town considers security standard. O'Toole, Patrick // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Feb98, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p25
Reports on a proposal by a crime prevention officer in Overland Park, Kansas, to tighten building standards, which will in turn reduce the burglary rate in the community. Information on the proposal, which in before the Overland Park City Council; Information on specifics of the proposed law.
- Collared by Saint Nick. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;1/4/93, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p23
Profiles Carol Parsons and Guy Aquin who stopped a purse snatcher. Aquin was wearing Santa Claus clothes; How the thief was caught; The real spirit of Christmas.
- A limited war on crime that we can win. // Brookings Review;Fall92, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p6
Asserts that Washington can push ahead boldly in the war on crime on two fronts: expanding government drug treatment programs for offenders and extending them to the states, and aiding the development of community policing programs in big cities. The first war on crime; The war on criminals;...
- 1990 Omnibus Crime Bill. // Congressional Digest;Nov90, Vol. 69 Issue 11, p258
Summarizes Congress's 1990 omnibus crime bill and its emphasis on the death penalty and gun control. Principal arguments; Existing statutes.