Reducing psychological distress and obesity in Australian farmers by promoting physical activity
- CondiÃ§Ãµes de saÃºde, estilo de vida e caracterÃsticas de trabalho de professores de uma cidade do sul do Brasil. Santos, Marcio Neres dos; Marques, Alexandre Carriconde // Revista CiÃªncia & SaÃºde Coletiva;mar2013, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p837
Various health complications have been identified among teachers and there is little information available about their lifestyle habits. The scope of this study was to investigate health conditions, lifestyles and occupational characteristics of municipal teachers in BagÃ© in the south of...
- Determinants of sleep quality among working population from North India: A pilot study. Sharma, Monika; Panda, Samhita // Indian Journal of Health & Wellbeing;2014, Vol. 5 Issue 7, p38
Recent information on sleep and its quality in working population are not available in India. The aim of this study was to determine stress, physical activity, and obesity as independent risk factors for poor sleep quality among healthy, white collar, full time workers from North India reporting...
- So Long, Stress Snacking. Frazier, Rozalynn S. // Health (Time Inc.);May2013, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p52
The article discusses the general tendency of people to put on weight due to stress snacking and what all can be done to prevent it from happening. One way to successfully lose weight is through Take Shape for Life (TSFL), a program that provides meals and pairs one with a personal health coach...
- The Effect of Early Life Factors and Early Interventions on Childhood Overweight and Obesity. Wen, Li Ming; Rissel, Chris; He, Gengsheng // Journal of Obesity;3/25/2015, Vol. 2015, p1
No abstract available.
- OBESITY AND DIET AWARENESS AMONG POLISH CHILDREN AND ADOLESCENTS IN SMALL TOWNS AND VILLAGES. Stankiewicz, Marta; Pieszko, Magdalena; Šliwińska, Aleksandra; Małgorzewicz, Sylwia; Wierucki, Łukasz; Zdrojewski, Tomasz; Wyrzykowski, Bogdan; Łysiak-Szydłowska, Wiesława // Central European Journal of Public Health;Mar2014, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p12
Background: In addition to genetic predispositions and environmental factors, healthy lifestyle education is very important for children and adolescents. The purpose of this research was to estimate the number of overweight and obese children and adolescents from small towns and villages and to...
- Stress promotes abdominal fat. // Healthy Weight Journal;Nov/Dec96, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p105
Focuses on a Swedish research which suggests that stress is a possible third factor causing both central fat deposits and the risk factors related to abdominal obesity. Results published in the 1995 issue of `American Journal of Epidemiology.'
- Inactivity causes obesity. Ward, Peter W. // BMJ: British Medical Journal;4/19/2014, Vol. 348 Issue 7954, p22
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Chief Medical Officer Urges Action to Tackle Overweight and Obesity" by S.J. Howard and S.C. Davies in a 2014 issue.
- US Physical Activity Rises, But Obesity Rates Remain Unchanged. // PT in Motion;Jul2014, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p41
The article informs that a recent federal report states that number of adults meeting guidelines for physical activity has increased, but obesity rates have remain unchanged.
- Rise in Obesity More About Inactivity Than Caloric Intake. // PT in Motion;Dec2014/Jan2015, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p48
The article discusses the research published in the "American Journal of Medicine" on the causes of the rise of obesity. It states that the dramatic increase in obesity during past 15 years may be caused by the lack of physical activity and not the increase in calorie intake. It mentions that...