Knowledge, experience, and potential risks of dating violence among Japanese university students: a cross-sectional study
- Contact, Shared Parenting, and Violence: Children as Witnesses of Domestic Violence in Sweden. Eriksson, Maria // International Journal of Law, Policy & the Family;Aug2011, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p165
As in many other countries in the West, Swedish policy and law presupposes shared parenting and a high degree of parental co-operation after separation or divorce. Parents are expected to share the legal responsibility for the child and face-to-face contact is presumed to be in the best...
- Magnitudes And Dynamics Of Intimate Partner Violence. Perveen, Kausar; Shahzad, Sobia; Baber, Samira // Pakistan Journal of Gender Studies;Dec2012, Vol. 6, p55
Intimate partner violence is the maltreatment and exploitation of one person by another person in the context of close relationship. It may include the behavior such as intimidation; harassment, and persecution, verbal aggression, denial of access to resources, sexual coercion assault, or...
- Partner Abuse Intervention. // Illinois Register;12/5/2014, Vol. 38 Issue 49, p22665
The article discusses the notice of adopted repealer issued by the Illinois Department of Human Services for partner abuse intervention. It mentions that the Joint Committee on Administrative Rules and the Human Services Departments agreed to repeal and file a new Proposed Part by proposed...
- Intimate Partner Violence: Spotlight on Victimization, 1993-2011. // Domestic Violence Report;Feb/Mar2014, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p39
The article presents statistics on intimate partner violence for the period 1993 to 2011 from the National Crime Victimization Survey (NCVS) by the U.S. Census Bureau for the Bureau of Justice Statistics.
- From the Editor. // Family & Intimate Partner Violence Quarterly;Spring2016, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p291
An introduction is presented in which the author discusses various reports within the issue on topics including intimate partner violence, solitary confinement and mental illness of prisoners, and intimate abuse committed by police officers.
- Thoughts on Designing Domestic Violence Laws and Services to Protect Teens. Lowenberg, Kelly; Fulcher, Juley // Family & Intimate Partner Violence Quarterly;Fall2008, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p115
The article focuses on the factors to consider in the revision of the domestic violence statutes specifically for the teenagers in the U.S. The revision of the domestic violence statutes intend to better protect minor victims of abuse. The states have been suggested to consider the issues of age...
- Disability and domestic violence: protecting survivors' human rights. Harpur, Paul; Douglas, Heather // Griffith Law Review;2014, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p405
Survivors with disabilities experience domestic violence both more often and differently to those who do not have a disability. The presence of impairment substantially transforms the medical, psychological, environmental, economic, legal and political factors which contribute to the occurrence...
- Partner Abuse Intervention. // Illinois Register;12/5/2014, Vol. 38 Issue 49, p22667
The article discusses the notice of adopted repealer issued by the Illinois Department of Human Services for partner abuse intervention. Topics discussed include implementation of the Domestic Violence Act, abuse and neglect of children and other family members and services for the victim of...
- Update on Alaska Victimization Survey Data Releases. // Alaska Justice Forum;Spring2013, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p7
The article offers information on the Alaska Victimization Survey (AVS), which was introduced in 2010, an effort to collect and estimates of sexual violence and intimate partner violence against women in the state.