The World Starts With Me: A multilevel evaluation of a comprehensive sex education programme targeting adolescents in Uganda
- Intimate Knowledge. Johnson, Melissa Ewey // Essence (Time Inc.);Feb2008, Vol. 38 Issue 10, p102
A quiz about safe sex is presented.
- Safe sex. // Teacher Magazine;Apr97, Vol. 8 Issue 7, p15
Focuses on the US National Institutes of Health's conclusion that sex education advocating safe sex in AIDS prevention is more effective than teaching about abstinence.
- Exploration of Research Community Relationships with Marginalized Youth at Risk for HIV in the United States: Promoting Openness Through Safer Sex Education Project. Lemos, Diana; Hosek, Sybil G. // Hawaii Journal of Medicine & Public Health;Aug2013 Supplement 3, Vol. 72 Issue 8, p25
The article presents an overview of a discussion on promoting openness through safer sex education project in the U.S. at the Third Cross-Cultural Health Care Conference on February 8-9, 2013 in Hawaii.
- Reducing rates of teenage pregnancy. Staines, Richard // Independent Nurse;2/1/2010, p42
The article discusses the efforts of the British national government to reduce teenage pregnancy rates in Great Britain. It mentions that nurses in the region have important tasks to do such as to encourage young people to practice protected sex and to join in sex education events. Aside from...
- New York revises state safe-sex guidelines. Bull, Chris // Advocate;5/3/94, Issue 654, p31
Reports that the New York State Board of Regents voted unanimously on March 18, 1994 to revise its guidelines on AIDS education to allow frank discussion of condom use.
- Sex education in and out of the classroom. // New York Amsterdam News;09/21/2000, Vol. 91 Issue 38, p22
Focuses on Project Street Beat, an HIV prevention, education and outreach program targeting youth, homeless people, drug users and prostitutes in New York City. Advantages of using mobile units in accessing target population; Description of sex education offered to teenagers.
- EDUCATION. // Echo Magazine;11/20/2014, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p15
The article focuses on the workshop "What What in the Butt: Anal Sex 101," hosted by the Ivy League school, as part of the Harvard University's annual Sex Week initiative from November 2-8, 2014, and states that its aim was to break myths about anal sex and to discusses safer sex education.
- Untitled. // Education Parliamentary Monitor;Apr2007, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p233
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including one on sex education from the Office for Standards in Education titled "Time for Change?" and another on parliamentary activities in Great Britain on secondary schools.
- Dilemmas of Delivery: Gender, health and formal sexuality education in New Zealand/Aotearoa classrooms. JACKSON, SUE; WEATHERALL, ANN // Women's Studies Journal;2010, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p47
Sexuality education in schools has been identified by a number of feminist scholars as a space of 'roaring silence' around not only young women's sexual desire but also its inability to deliver a critical education that challenges constraining sexuality discourses. In this article we provide a...