Attitudes of Malaysian general hospital staff towards patients with mental illness and diabetes
- My first dealings with medics benefited a challenging client. Delaney-Wetherill, Kath // Community Care;8/30/2007, Issue 1688, p29
The article relates the author's experience of working with medical personnel for the needs of her client named James, who is mentally-ill.
- Under-estimation of self-reported occupational exposure by questionnaire in hospital workers. Donnay, C.; Denis, M.-A.; Magis, R.; Fevotte, J.; Massin, N.; Dumas, O.; Pin, I.; Choudat, D.; Kauffmann, F.; Moual, N. Le // Occupational & Environmental Medicine;Aug2011, Vol. 68 Issue 8, p611
Objectives The aim of the study was to determine whether self-reported occupational exposure to cleaning/disinfecting agents in hospital workers is accurate, in comparison to expert assessment, taken to be the gold standard. Methods In the Epidemiological Study of the Genetics and Environment of...
- Health service staffâ€™s attitudes towards patients with mental illness. Arvaniti, Aikaterini; Samakouri, Maria; Kalamara, Eleni; Bochtsou, Valentini; Bikos, Constantinos; Livaditis, Miltos // Social Psychiatry & Psychiatric Epidemiology;Aug2009, Vol. 44 Issue 8, p658
Stereotypes and prejudices against patients with mental illness are widespread in many societies. The aim of the present study is to investigate such attitudes among the staff and medical students, including employees and trainees, in a general university hospital. Six hundred individuals (361...
- Suboptimal perception of illness due to self-realization constraints impairs psychological welfare in surgical patientsâ€ . Sak, Jarosław; Sagan, Dariusz; Wiechetek, Michał; Pawlikowski, Jakub // European Journal of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery;Apr2012, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p824
OBJECTIVE Recognizing patients' psychological problems and understanding their social needs constitute important tasks for medical personnel, because these issues substantially contribute to overall outcome of treatment. People afflicted with surgical diseases need to determine the sense of...
- IntervenciÃ³n psicolÃ³gica institucional oportuna en pacientes embarazadas con diabetes mellitus. Pimentel-Nieto, Diana; Morales-Carmona, Francisco; Sánchez-Bravo, Claudia; Rodríguez, Pilar Meza // Perinatologia y Reproduccion Humana;abr-jun2013, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p98
On the healthcare field it is well known that a timely intervention leads to better results and prognosis in regard of what is being taking care of and a timely intervention in the mental healthcare is no exception to such affirmation. Psychology inside the healthcare institutions focuses its...
- Manpower initiative by minister. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);12/7/1985, Vol. 291 Issue 6509, p1666
Focuses on the challenges in the management of medical manpower and hospital medical staffing structure in Great Britain. Increase in the number of medical consultants within a reasonable timescale; Implications of minimal health resource for the salary costs of health authorities; Concerns on...
- Stakeholders key to Texas hospital turnaround. Costello, Mary Ann // AHA News;12/11/2000, Vol. 36 Issue 48, p8
Discusses how medical personnel at Palo Pinto Hospital in Texas helped in reviving the hospital. Information on the financial deficit of the hospital; Strategic plan of the hospital; Details on the customer satisfaction program initiated by the hospital.
- Salute to our veterans. // New York Amsterdam News;1/19/2017, Vol. 108 Issue 3, p30
A photograph is presented depicting the veteran employees at the NYC Health + Hospitals in Lincoln, Belvis and Morrisania, New York City.
- Walking on the Sunny Side: What Positive Psychology Can Contribute to Psychiatric Rehabilitation Concepts and Practice. Moran, Galia S.; Nemec, Patricia B. // Psychiatric Rehabilitation Journal;Sep2013, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p202
Topic: This article suggests a positive psychology framework to strengthen and broaden psychiatric rehabilitation and recovery thought and practice. Purpose: We inform about positive psychology concepts and measures that can be used to further knowledge, enhance practice, and guide research....