HIV epidemic in Far-Western Nepal: effect of seasonal labor migration to India
- HIV-Based Persecution in Asylum and Immigration Decisions. Neilson, Victoria // Human Rights;Fall2004, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p8
This article focuses on HIV status as a basis for asylum claim or immigrant decisions in the U.S. Since 1987, the U.S. Immigration and Nationality Act labels HIV a communicable disease of public health significance, rendering those living with HIV/AIDS inadmissible. Applicants for temporary...
- Panel -- Overcoming exclusion: current research and legal issues in Canadian immigration policy for people living with HIV. // HIV/AIDS Policy & Law Review;Oct2010, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p84
The article presents abstracts on Canadian immigration policy for people living with HIV which include analysis of HIV testing policy, and challenging the excessive demand barrier for HIV-positive newcomers.
- Infection with Human Immunodeficiency Virus, an Epidemic Out of Control: Personal Reflections. Sande, Merle A. // Journal of Infectious Diseases;3/15/99 Supplement 2, Vol. 179, pS387
Examines the worldwide problem of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection. Estimated number of persons living with HIV infection at the end of 1997; Origin of HIV; Successful attempts to intervene in the transmission of HIV.
- CE/CME questions. // AIDS Alert;Jun2008, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p71
A quiz about HIV infection is presented.
- Plasma HIV viral load in patients with hemophilia and late-stage HIV Disease: A measure of... Engels, Eric A.; Rosenberg, Philip S. // Annals of Internal Medicine;08/17/99, Vol. 131 Issue 4, p256
Discusses the relationship between plasma HIV viral load and subsequent risk for disease progression in patients with late-stage HIV disease. HIV viral load as strong predictor of AIDS-related illness; Linear relation between viral load and risk for AIDS-related illness; Viral load prediction...
- CE/CME questions. // AIDS Alert;Apr2007, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p47
A quiz regarding human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) is presented.
- Discrimination fuels rise of HIV in Philippines. // Filipino Post;7/12/2012, p10
The article reports on the increasing numbers of HIV cases in the Philippines which is attributed to the discrimination against homosexuals and people who are already infected with HIV.
- Unfolding Story. Meyer, Charles R. // Minnesota Medicine;
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including one on the care of geriatric HIV patients, one on the potential decrease of incidents rate in sexually transmitted HIV in the U.S., and one on disease inferno in Africa and other parts of the Third World.
- Effect of Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) Type 1 Envelope Subtypes A and D on Disease Progression in a Large Cohort of HIV-1-Positive Persons in Uganda. Kaleebu, Pontiano; French, Neil; Mahe, Cedric; Yirell, David; Watera, Christine; Lyagoba, Fred; Nakiyingi, Jessica; Rutebemberwa, Alleluiah; Morgan, Dilys; Weber, Jonathan; Gilks, Charles; Whitworth, Jimmy // Journal of Infectious Diseases;5/1/2002, Vol. 185 Issue 9, p1244
The effect of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) type I envelope subtypes A and D on disease progression was investigated in 1045 adults in Uganda. At enrollment and every 6 months, a clinical history, examination, and laboratory investigations that included CD4 cell counts were done. HIV-1...