cross-sectional study of HIV and syphilis infections among male students who have sex with men (MSM) in northeast China: implications for implementing HIV screening and intervention programs
- Frequency of Human Immunodeficiency Virus Infection Among Students of Tertiary and Secondary Institutions in An Endemic State. Abubakar, Abdulazeez // North American Journal of Medical Sciences;Apr2012, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p170
Background: Students are pivotal to manpower development and technological advancement of any nation. Nigerian nation was recently ranked third human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) most endemic nation in the world Aim: The study was designed to determine the frequency of HIV infection among...
- Behavioral surveillance survey regarding human immunodeficiency virus/acquired immunodeficiency syndrome among high school and junior college students. Bhosale, S. B.; Jadhav, S. L.; Singru, Samir A.; Banerjee, Amitav // Indian Journal of Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology;Jan/Feb2010, Vol. 76 Issue 1, p33
Background and Aims: It is necessary to know the baseline knowledge, attitude, and practices about human immunodeficiency virus/acquired immunodeficiency syndrome among young people and the changes in these with intervention to guide prevention efforts. Methods: A cross-sectional pre- and...
- Rural sex work in Cambodia: work characteristics, risk behaviours, HIV, and syphilis. Sopheab H; Gorbach P M; Gloyd S; Leng H B; Sopheab, H; Gorbach, P M; Gloyd, S; Leng, H B // Sexually Transmitted Infections;Aug2003, Vol. 79 Issue 4, pe2
Objective:To identify prevalence and risks factors for syphilis and HIV among rural female sex workers (FSWs) in Cambodia and to describe differences between rural and urban FSWs. Methods:Interviews and sera were collected from 114 FSWs and tested for HIV using the...
- Highlights from this issue. Cassell, Jackie A. // Sexually Transmitted Infections;Aug2013, Vol. 89 Issue 5, p341
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including the association between human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) and human papillomavirus (HPV), the growing calls for trials of HPV vaccine, and a report on HIV and repeat syphilis...
- MARYLAND. // Advocate;11/20/90, Issue 564, p27
Reports on a Talbot County, Maryland coalition of students, parents and teachers' endorsement of a plan that calls for the distribution of condoms in public high schools in an effort to control HIV transmission.
- TEXAS. // Advocate;7/4/89, Issue 528, p19
Reveals the rate of HIV exposure at the University of Texas in Austin.
- The resurgence of syphilis. IRWIN, NANCY // Xtra (Toronto);2/21/2013, Issue 739, p18
The article investigates the resurgence of syphilis among gay men in Canada who are positive with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV).
- Prevalence of HIV and Syphilis Infection among High School and College Student MSM in China: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Li, Yongze; Xu, Junjie; Reilly, Kathleen H.; Zhang, Jianming; Wei, Hongyi; Jiang, Yongjun; Geng, Wenqing; Tang, Weiming; Shang, Hong // PLoS ONE;Jul2013, Vol. 8 Issue 7, p1
Objectives: The aim of this study is to systematically review the published studies and summarize the estimates of HIV and syphilis prevalences among high school and college student MSM in China in order to provide information for conducting targeted interventions. Methods: Pubmed, Chinese...
- Impact of HIV Test Counseling on College Students' Sexual Beliefs and Behaviors. Mattson, Marifran // American Journal of Health Behavior;Mar/Apr2002, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p121
Focuses on the impact of HIV Test counselling on the sexual beliefs and behaviors of college students in the U.S. Comparison of the health beliefs and risky sexual behaviors of college students; Vulnerability of students to AIDS or HIV; Effectiveness of testing in the prevention of the disease...