Parental willingness to pay for child safety seats in Mashad, Iran
- Free child safety seat inspections this weekend. // Graham Leader;9/25/2011, Vol. 136 Issue 12, p2A
The article reports that the Texas Department of Transportation and SafeKids certified technicians will provide free hands-on child safety seat inspections and advice to help families learn to assure children's safety through proper child safety seat on September 24, 2011 in Wichita Falls, Texas.
- The Latest in Car-Seat Safety. // Parenting Early Years;Jul2011, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p29
The article reports on the issuance by the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) of a revised policy statement on car-seat safety in the U.S.
- Sad stats. // Australian Parents;Apr/May2007, p84
The article presents statistical data on car accidents involving children in Australia. It reveals that there is a 3.3% increase in the total number of car accident deaths in 2005 than in 2004. It adds that around 1,300 children are killed or seriously injured in car crashes every year. It...
- Car Seat Day. // Navajo Times;6/11/2015, Vol. 54 Issue 23, pC-2
The article discusses Car Seat Day in Arizona, informing parents about child care safety in a car seat attached to an automobile seat, scheduled on June 18 at the Tuba City Regional Health Care Corporation in two sessions, with child and vehicle ought to be present in the afternoon session.
- Child safety in cars. // Irish Motor Management;Nov/Dec2006, p25
The article reports on the European regulations on car seats that demand all children up to the age of 12 to be placed in an appropriate child restraint when travelling by car. The author states that the use of safety belts and appropriate child safety restraints is a proven way to reduce risk...
- Car Seats: Safer Inside the Car, Not Outside. Mitchell, Allen A. // Pediatrics for Parents;Jul/Aug2010, Vol. 26 Issue 7/8, p10
The article discusses the benefits of using car seats for children safety inside the car in the U.S. It states that car seats prevent large numbers of injuries and deaths among young children involved in traffic accidents. It notes that the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) urged parents and...
- CAR SEAT CLINICS ARE EFFECTIVE. // Injury Prevention (1353-8047);Jun2007, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p147
The article cites a study by Safe Kids Worldwide (SKW) regarding car seat installation clinics. The study found the clinics to be successful in helping parents and care givers properly restrain children in back seats. However, there was a need to exert more effort to reach underserved...
- 2008 Booster Seat Study and Evaluation. Sloviter, Vikki // Pediatrics for Parents;2008, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p3
The article presents the 2008 study and evaluation on booster seat for parents on their children's safety. It cites that boosters do not involve complicated installation that could potentially negate the safety of the child if incorrectly installed. The boosters improve lap belt angle, improve...
- National Child Passenger Safety Week -- September 21-27, 2008. // MMWR: Morbidity & Mortality Weekly Report;9/19/2008, Vol. 57 Issue 37, p1018
The article presents information about the National Child Passenger Safety Week in the U.S., from September 21 to 27, 2008. The special week will be dedicated to the importance of the correct installation and use of child safety seats. It was found that risk of death for infants on child safety...