Ifugao males, learning and teaching for the improvement of maternal and child health status in the Philippines: an evaluation of a program
- Effect of using protocols on medical care: randomised trial of three methods of taking an antenatal history. Lilford, Richard J.; Kelly, Michael; Baines, A.; Cameron, Susan; Cave, Mairead; Guthrie, K.; Thornton, James // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);11/14/92, Vol. 305 Issue 6863, p1181
Presents a comparative study of three techniques of taking antenatal history on the quality of maternal care in Leeds, England. Obtainment of histories by midwives via unstructured questionnaires; Classification of actions as medical, surgical and personal associated to maternal age; Efficacy...
- How can child and maternal mortality be cut? Anderson, Tatum // BMJ: British Medical Journal (Overseas & Retired Doctors Edition;1/30/2010, Vol. 340 Issue 7740, p240
The article looks at the challenges to the United Nations' (UN) millennium development goals to reduce maternal and child mortality. Among the visible obstacles to progress identified by health experts, donors and politicians are a lack of political will and poor governance. According to Helga...
- Great Progress in Global Health. CUMBERLAND, SARAH // Harvard International Review;Fall2015, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p48
The article focuses on the advancement and changes in global public health as the result of efforts to achieve the goals of the United Nations Millennium Development Goals (MDGs). Topics discussed include improvement in children and maternal health, disease outbreaks and natural disasters, and...
- Maternal and Child Health Care Utilization among Tribes in Jharkhand: Facts and Findings from NRHM Concurrent Evaluation. Pandey, Vipul Vaibhav; Kumar, Anil // Nepal Journal of Epidemiology;2014, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p10
An abstract of the article "Maternal and Child Health Care Utilization among Tribes in Jharkhand: Facts and Findings from NRHM Concurrent Evaluation," by Vipul Vaibhav Pandey and colleagues is presented.
- A Doctor's Quest: The Struggle for Mother and Child Health Around the Globe. Hutten-Czapski, Peter // Canadian Journal of Rural Medicine;Spring2013, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p66
The article reviews the book "A Doctorâ€™s Quest: The Struggle for Mother and Child Health Around the Globe," by Gretchen Roedde.
- MCH. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1416
Definitions of the acronym MCH are presented, one of which means maternal-child health.
- Problems in retrieving national data on births: Questionnaire survey. Smith, Lesley // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);06/06/98, Vol. 316 Issue 7146, p1710
Presents a questionnaire survey which was conducted to address the problems faced when trying to retrieve data on child and maternal health in the United Kingdom. What was covered by the survey; Details on the systems in place for the collection of maternity and child health data; Methodology...
- Institute links maternal, child health advocates. // Nation's Health;Nov2002, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p5
Reports on the meeting of Maternal and Child Health Community Leadership Institute from November 9 to 10, 2002 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Participants of the event; Significance of the event to health professionals; Sessions of the Institute in the future.
- Putting Women and the Girl Child at the Centre of Africa’s Development. Ogu, Rosemary; Okonofua, Friday // African Journal of Reproductive Health;Dec2014, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p9
No abstract available.