Non-specific psychological distress, smoking status and smoking cessation: United States National Health Interview Survey 2005
- Moving towards a population health approach to the primary prevention of common mental disorders. Jacka, Felice N.; Mykletun, Arnstein; Berk, Michael // BMC Medicine;2012, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p149
There is a need for the development of effective universal preventive approaches to the common mental disorders, depression and anxiety, at a population level. Poor diet, physical inactivity and smoking have long been recognized as key contributors to the high prevalence noncommunicable...
- Anxiety Disorders for Professionals. // Anxiety Disorders for Professionals;6/1/2000, p1
Presents a list of scientific resources on anxiety disorders. General anxiety disorders; Panic disorder; Obsessive-compulsive disorder; Post-traumatic stress disorder; Phobias; Generalized anxiety disorder.
- Anxiety worsens well-being of medically ill patients. // Behavioral Health Treatment;Nov96, Vol. 1 Issue 5, p10
Reports on a study showing that mentally ill patients with comorbid anxiety disorder have lower levels of functioning and well-being than those without anxiety. Insignificant effect of comorbid anxiety disorder on patients with depression; Relationship between generalized anxiety disorder and...
- The Anxiety Disorders. Brown, J. Trig; Mulrow, Cynthia D.; Stoudemire, G. Alan // Annals of Internal Medicine;Apr84, Vol. 100 Issue 4, p558
Discusses diagnostic categories concerning anxiety disorders. Examination of the diagnostic criteria for anxiety disorders; Theories proposed to explain the disorders; Review of various treatments available for the relief of anxiety disorders.
- Get help with free screenings on Nat'l Anxiety Disorders Day. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;04/27/98, Vol. 8 Issue 26, p23
Determines anxiety disorder as America's most common mental illness. Symptoms of an anxiety disorder; Information on the 1998 National Anxiety Disorder Screening Day.
- How much do mental disorders contribute to New Zealand's tobacco epidemic? Tobias, M.; Templeton, R.; Collings, S. // Tobacco Control;Oct2008, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p347
Objective: To quantify the share of tobacco consumed by people with 12-month mental disorders in New Zealand. Methods: Estimates of current smoking prevalence and the 12-month prevalence of three groups of mental disorders--anxiety, mood and substance use disorders -- were derived from the New...
- Mental illness and smoking show strong links. Charatan, Fred // Bulletin of the World Health Organization;2001, Vol. 79 Issue 1, p79
Examines the relationship between smoking and mental illness in the United States. Prevalence of psychiatric disorders among smokers; Discussion on the market strategies employed by tobacco manufacturer; Comparison between the anxiety disorder of heavy and non- smoker adolescents.
- Smoking Rates Still the Same for Individuals With Poor Mental Health. // Journal of Psychosocial Nursing & Mental Health Services;2015, Vol. 53 Issue 11, p16
No abstract available.
- The Effect of Mood, Anxiety, and Alcohol Use Disorders on Smoking Cessation in Cancer Patients. // Journal of Cognitive Psychotherapy;Spring2011, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p82
No abstract available.