A cross-sectional study of HIV and syphilis infections among male students who have sex with men (MSM) in northeast China: implications for implementing HIV screening and intervention programs
- A Prospective Study of Syphilis and HIV Infection among Injection Drug Users Receiving Methadone in the Bronx, NY. Gourevitch, Marc N.; Hartel, Diana; Schoenbaum, Ellie E.; Selwyn, Peter A.; Davenny, Katherine; Friedland, Gerald H.; Klein, Robert S. // American Journal of Public Health;Aug1996 Part 1 of 2, Vol. 86 Issue 8, p1112
Objectives. The purpose of this study was to assess the relationship between syphilis and human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection in injection drug users. Methods. A 6-year prospective study of 790 injection drug users receiving methadone maintenance treatment in the Bronx, NY, was...
- Creating a new drug service in Edinburgh. Greenwood, Judy // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);3/3/90, Vol. 300 Issue 6724, p587
Focuses on the Community Drug Problem Service in Edinburgh, Scotland. Prevalence of HIV infection among drug users; Need for coordinated care between specialists and community agencies; Goals of the service.
- Drug misusers in Lothian: changes in injecting habits 1988-90. Griffin, Shay; Peters, Andy; Reid, Margaret // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);3/13/93, Vol. 306 Issue 6879, p693
Examines the changes of the injecting habits of drug misusers in Edinburgh, Scotland. Association of HIV seropositive with injecting drug misuse; Patterns of drug misuse; Decrease frequencies of drug injecting.
- Cross-reactive neutralizing activity in HIV-1 infected injecting drug users. Euler, Z.; van Gils, M. J.; Schuitemaker, H. // Retrovirology;2012 Supplement, Vol. 9 Issue Suppl 2, p1
An abstract of the conference paper "Cross-Reactive Neutralizing Activity in HIV-1 Infected Injecting Drug Users," by Z. Euler and colleagues is presented.
- Prevalence and correlates of HIV, syphilis, and hepatitis B and C infection and harm reduction program use among male injecting drug users in Kabul, Afghanistan: A cross-sectional assessment. // Harm Reduction Journal;2011, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p22
The article presents a research which aims to examine the factors affecting prevalence of syphilis, Hepatitis B and C, and HIV infection and use of harm reduction program among injecting drug users (IDUs) in Kabul, Afghanistan. In this study questionnaires and rapid tests were used to assess...
- Out of control. Beyrer, Chris; Doherty, Faith // New Internationalist;Jun96, Issue 280, p23
Reports on the spread of HIV infections in Burma. Proliferation of drug use; Activity of prostitution; Other factors contributing to the spread of HIV; Inherent political nature of the HIV epidemic; Lack of medical supplies; Inadequacy of education, prevention and care programs; Emergence of a...
- Modeling the spread of HIV. Salzberg, Allan M.; Dolins, Stanley L.; Salzberg, Carol A.; Salzberg, A M; Dolins, S L; Salzberg, C A // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;9/8/89, Vol. 262 Issue 10, p1329
Comments on the article 'HIV-1 Infection Among Intravenous Drug Users in Manhattan, New York City From 1977 through 1987,' by Des Jarlais et al, as presented in a 1989 issue of the 'Journal of the American Medical Association.'
- In Reply. Des Jarlais, Don C.; Friedman, Samuel R. // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;9/8/89, Vol. 262 Issue 10, p1330
Presents the author's reply to comments on his article on HIV exposure among intravenous drug users in Manhattan, New York City.
- Drug Addiction in Russia. // Russian Politics & Law;Sep/Oct2001, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p30
Focuses on issues related to drug addiction in Russia. Places for the distribution of drugs; Source of HIV infections; Association between drug addiction and crime.