Identification of tissue-specific, abiotic stressresponsive gene expression patterns in wine grape (Vitis vinifera L.) based on curation and mining of large-scale EST data sets
- Mustard plant passes the salt. Dove, Alan // Nature Biotechnology;Oct99, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p942
Reports on a research conducted by botanists at the University of Toronto in Toronto, Canada that reveals effect of over expression of an ion transport protein in Arabidopsis. Link between soil salinity levels and gene expression; Effect of increased soil salinity on plant production.
- RNA surveillance by nuclear scanning? Wilkinson, Miles F.; Shyu, Ann-Bin // Nature Cell Biology;Jun2002, Vol. 4 Issue 6, pE144
Provides information on nonsense-mediated decay (NMD) pathway, one of the many quality-control mechanisms that ensure the high fidelity of gene expression. Destruction of aberrant mRNA that contain premature termination codons generated as a result of programmed gene mutations; Proposed...
- The effect of mild cold exposure on UCP3 mRNA expression and UCP3 protein content in humans. Schrauwen, P.; Westerterp-Plantenga, M.S.; Kornips, E.; Schaart, G.; Lichtenbelt, W.D. van Marken // International Journal of Obesity & Related Metabolic Disorders;Apr2002, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p450
Examines the effect of mild cold exposure on the messenger RNA (mRNA) and protein expression of UCP3 in humans. Increase of energy expenditure; Down-regulation of UCP protein content with prolonged cold exposure; Effect of cold adaptation on mRNA and protein content.
- Taking a census of mRNA populations with microbeads. Tyagi, Sanjay // Nature Biotechnology;Jun2000, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p597
Discusses the need to define cellular responses and cell types by profiling messenger RNA populations. Techniques to analyze expression of large sets of genes in parallel; Mechanism of global analysis of gene expression; Methods to minimize the sequencing effect.
- The Relationship Between Third-Colon Position Nucleotide Content, Codon Bias, mRNA Secondary.... Carlini, David B.; Ying Chen; Stephan, Wolfgang // Genetics;Oct2001, Vol. 159 Issue 2, p623
Examines the correlation between colon bias, messenger RNA secondary structure, third-codon position nucleotide distribution and gene expression. Reduction of codon bias; Effect of secondary structure on gene expression; Regulation of the level of gene expression.
- Expression analysis using low amounts of mRNA and GeneChips. Pilarsky, Christian; Schmitt, Armin; Hille, Simone; Rosenthal, André // Nature Genetics;Nov99 Supplement, Vol. 23, p68
Presents an abstract for the article on gene expression analysis using amounts of messenger RNA and a GeneChip containing known tumor-associated genes.
- Messenger RNA exchange between scions and rootstocks in grafted grapevines. Yingzhen Yang; Linyong Mao; Jittayasothorn, Yingyos; Youngmin Kang; Chen Jiao; Zhangjun Fei; Gan-Yuan Zhong // BMC Plant Biology;10/19/2015, Vol. 15, p1
Background: Grafting has been widely practiced for centuries in the propagation and production of many vegetable and fruit species. However, the underlying molecular and genetic mechanisms for how the graft partners interact with each other to produce a successful graft remain largely unknown....
- Transcript and metabolite analysis in Trincadeira cultivar reveals novel information regarding the dynamics of grape ripening. // BMC Plant Biology;2011, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p149
The article presents a study which examines fruit ripening in Trincadeira grapes taking into account the transcriptional and metabolic profilings complemented with biochemical data. The study compared mRNA expression profiles of four time points spanning developmental stages from pea size green...
- Cytokine mRNA expression in normal skin of various age populations before and after engraftment onto nude mice. Gilhar, Amos; Ullmann, Yehuda; Shalagino, Raya; Weisinger, Gary // Acta Dermato-Venereologica;4/20/98, Vol. 78 Issue 1, p36
Whether the impact of skin biological age on cytokine expression is a result of this tissue's proliferation potential or not is an important issue in dermatology. We investigated these questions by monitoring cytokine marker mRNA expression from human skin samples from healthy groups of...