VIETNAM: RISK SUMMARY
- SRI LANKA: RISK SUMMARY. // Asia Monitor: South Asia Monitor;Mar2011, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p6
The article presents the country risk faced by the government of Sri Lanka including the denied appeal of Sarath Fonseka to keep his parliamentary seat, the budget deficit is forecasted to 7.6% of gross domestic product, and the removal of payment for construction cost.
- Country Risk Summary: SLOVENIA. // Emerging Europe Monitor: South East Europe Monitor;Jun2003, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p6
The article focuses on economic and political risks facing Slovenia. The 'UDBA affair,' in which high profile politicians were publicly accused of having collaborated with the former Yugoslav secret police, the UDBA, had the potential to seriously destabilise the country's political structure....
- SRI LANKA. // Asia Monitor: Indian Subcontinent Monitor;Oct2002, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p8
Presents a country risk summary on Sri Lanka. Removal of the ban on Tamil Tiger rebels by the government; Economic growth target of the country; Use of the privatization proceeds to finance the budget deficit.
- Country Risk Summary: PARAGUAY. // Latin America Monitor: Southern Cone Monitor;Feb2003, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p7
Presents a country risk summary for Paraguay as of February 2003. Presidential and vice presidential candidates for the April 27, 2002 elections; Projected decline in the end-2002 fiscal deficit; Estimated amount of financial outflows.
- RISK SUMMARY: KYRGYZSTAN. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Russia & CIS;Dec2007, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p9
The article summarizes the political, economic and business risks in Kyrgyzstan. It cites the prevalent lack of political transparency and high levels of corruption in the country. It forecasts a budget deficit of KGS300 million by year-end 2007, as well as a rise in government spending towards...
- RISK SUMMARY: URUGUAY. // Latin America Monitor: Southern Cone Monitor;Mar2009, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p8
The article presents a country risk profile for Uruguay as of February 2009. On the political side, analysts believe that the presidential candidacy of Josï¿½ Mujica may be called into question. On the economic side, analysts estimate a full-year deficit of $2.76 billion for the country, and...
- RISK SUMMARY: ROMANIA. // Asia Monitor: South Asia Monitor;May2005, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p2
This article focuses on various political and economic risks in Romania. Romania's governing centrists have received a timely boost with the victory of Adriean Videanu in elections to appoint the new mayor of Bucharest, Romania in April 2005. The strong margin of Videanu's win may well be seized...
- Europe: Albania. // Handbook of Country Risk 2005-2006;2005, p13
The article presents a risk assessment for Albania for 2005. The reason behind the persistence of a large account deficit is explained. Progress on reforms has continued to lag, particularly in the legal area. The main economic indicators are enumerated, including inflation, exports, imports and...
- Europe: Armenia. // Handbook of Country Risk 2005-2006;2005, p14
The article presents a risk assessment for Armenia for 2005. Growth has been driven by the metal export sector and strong domestic demand. The account deficit is declining due to export dynamism and private transfers. The main economic indicators are enumerated, including inflation, exports,...