Reassessing The Impact Of Vinashin's Default
- Moody's' Proposed LGD Rating Could Lead To Lean Upgrades. K. K. // Bank Loan Report;1/16/2006, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p7
The article reports on the plan of Moody's Investor Service Inc. to issue two new credit ratings for investing companies in the U.S. The two methods include probability of default rating and the loss-given-default rating that aimed to further breakdown the elements of credit risks. The...
- Moody's: Spain Banks Evade Loan Facts. // American Banker;10/14/2009, Vol. 174 Issue 188, p16
The article discusses a report from Moody's Investors Service that says banks in Spain are being tardy in recognizing the deteriorated quality of their loan portfolios. Moody's notes the banks have set aside in loan-loss provisions just half of what it estimates will be the value of defaulted loans.
- Moody's Product to Calculate Default Risk. // American Banker;6/14/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 114, p3
Reports that a subsidiary of Moody's Investors Service will launch a product aimed at becoming the first step toward the securitization of middle-market commercial loans. Use of a database of private firms financial statements and loan defaults; Advantages of Moody over its competition; Remarks...
- Models for Moody's Bank Ratings. Peresetsky, Anatoly; Karminsky, Alexander // Frontiers in Finance & Economics;Apr2011, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p88
The paper presents an econometric study of the two bank ratings assigned by Moody's Investors Service. According to Moody's methodology, foreigncurrency long-term deposit ratings are assigned on the basis of Bank Financial Strength Ratings (BFSR), taking into account "external bank support...
- RBS clashes over Moody's rating. Langston, Rob // Money Marketing (Online Edition);6/22/2012, p26
The article informs that the Royal Bank of Scotland Group has criticized Moody's move to downgrade ratings of the bank. It has been stated that the Group disagrees with Moody's ratings change which it believes backward-looking and ignore efforts made by the Group for the substantial improvements...
- RBS clashes over Moody's rating. Langston, Rob // Fundweb;6/22/2012, p13
The article reports that Royal Bank of Scotland Group has criticized its ratings downgrade by Moody's Investors Service Inc. and described the move as backward-looking. The group says that the rating agency does not give adequate credit for the substantial improvements in the group's balance...
- Moody's: Default Rate Falls in November. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;12/12/2011, p16
The article reports on the 1.8% decline in the global speculative-grade default rate in November 2011, according to Moody's Investors Service.
- Moody's: Default Rate Ends Q2 at 6.1%. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;7/12/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 28, p7
The article reports that the global speculative-grade default rate went down to 6.1% in the second quarter of 2010, according to Moody's Investors Service.
- Moody's: PIK Toggle Debt Leads to More Defaults. // Investment Dealers' Digest;12/17/2010, Vol. 76 Issue 46, p6
The article reports on the study by Moody's Investors Service Inc. which found that the payment-in-kind (PIK) toggle debt option for borrowers may lead to more default payments.