- MICROWORK GETS A MEGA BOOST. CHAEY, CHRISTINA // Fast Company;Mar2012, Issue 163, p28
The article discusses the nonprofit company Samasource, which was founded by Leila Chirayath Janah in order to provide computer-based work for marginalized people, and reports that it received a grant from Google.org.
- Not-So-Secret Plan To Find (Tech) Jobs For The World's Poorest. // Wired;Aug2015, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p84
The article reports on the profile and career journey of Leila Janah who runs a nonprofit that connects poor people to low-level tech work. She started Samasource as an outsourcing company that hires people in Africa and Asia to perform digital tasks for companies like Google and LinkedIn. It...
- STRATEGIC FOCUS. // Smart Business Akron/Canton;Dec2014, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p40
The article focuses on Jill Rizika, executive director of nonprofit organization Towards Employment, a Pillar Awardee for community service, and her leadership and strategy in empowering economically disadvantaged people and helping them find job.
- Outsourcing in the nonprofit sector: A strategic approach to the challenges of growth and staffing. Vaughn, Emmett T. // Nonprofit World;Sep/Oct97, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p50
Discusses the advantages of outsourcing by nonprofit organizations. Examples of instances in which consultants can be useful; Steps to take before deciding to outsource.
- EDITOR'S NOTE. Marlowe, Justin // Municipal Finance Journal;Fall2008, Vol. 29 Issue 3, pv
The article discusses various topics within the issue including the ways in which nonprofit organizations affect the financial condition of the U.S., the direct voter involvement in policymaking and the effect of condition in outsourcing certain kinds of services.
- Nonprofit Briefs. // Nonprofit World Report;May/Jun84, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p38
Reports developments involving nonprofit organizations as of June 1984. Increase of the results of the fundraising programs of nonprofit organizations; Directory of foundation, government and corporate grants sources listed in the "Annual Register of Grant Support," 17th ed.; Analysis of the...
- Outsourcing NonProfits' Financials. Kahan, Stuart // Practical Accountant;May2000, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p53
Cites factors making outsourcing work for nonprofit organizations attractive for accounting firms. Nonprofits' use of services of accounting firms instead of hiring a chief financial officer (CFO); Other reasons why nonprofits outsource CFO functions; Emergence of technological tools designed...
- PARTNERS. // CPA Wealth Provider;Jan2005, p7
Presents news items related to financial planning in the United States. Expansion of the public sector services of Crowe Chizek; Agreement of provider of professional business outsourcing business, Fiducial to acquire Frontier Lending Corp.; Formation of an alliance partnership by InvestEdge and...
- A GROUNDED MODEL FOR MORE ACCURATE AND USEFUL EVALUATION OF CONTRACTED SOCIAL SERVICES. Horne, Christopher // Journal for Nonprofit Management;2012, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p40
The article focuses on the evaluation of contracted social workers for which the evaluation program models should broaden to include key factors which include formal or emergent government nonprofit relationship. It informs that the many factors that strongly shape program outputs and outcomes...