- THE BOTTOM LINE. // Shopping Centers Today;Oct2006, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p82
The article presents several charts and news briefs related to retail trade in the U.S. The charts include the commercial buyers' leverage power, top retail property acquisitions markets and growth rates for development expenses. It also discusses the current events in retail industry, including...
- P.R. malls beat those stateside in sales per square foot. Rosa, Taina // Caribbean Business;2/5/2004, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p2
Reports on the increase in sales of shopping centers in Puerto Rico in 2003. Stateside shopping centers' sales per square foot; Predicted increase in sales and consumption rates in 2004.
- MALLWALKING DESERT STYLE. Armstrong, Joy // Retail Traffic;Jan2004, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p2
Features the Chandler Fashion Center in Phoenix, Arizona. Description of the mall; Design of the shopping mall.
- Britain's Regional Shopping Centres: New Urban Forms? Lowe, Michelle S. // Urban Studies (Routledge);Feb2000, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p261
There have been a number of recent attempts to represent Britain's regional shopping centres as potentially being the cores of new towns. Using the example of the Merry Hill Centre in the West Midlands, this paper debates that issue. The paper suggests that new town centres such as the one in...
- A Shopping Mecca in Atlanta. // Review of Optometry;Jan2011 Supplement, p60A
The article features the shopping centers and retail markets in Atlanta, Georgia. The city provides one of the top 10 retail markets in the U.S. Among its eclectic shopping neighborhoods are Little Five Points, the International Corridor on Buford Highway, and Buckhead. It also offers over 20...
- Untitled. // In-Store;Oct2005, p7
Reports on the significance of the opening of a Capital Shopping Centres mall, Chapelfield, for the profile of Norwich as a retail destination in England. Features of the mall; Expectation on the increase in population and wealth of Norwich.
- Feast in the Mideast. Bergsman, Steve // Retail Traffic;May2006, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p129
The article discusses the trend toward the establishment of bigger malls in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. An example of these big malls is the Mall of the Emirates where the Ski Dubai is located. Ski Dubai is the world's largest indoor ski mountain. According to the Middle East Council of...
- Shopping centers still central to retail. // Westchester County Business Journal;07/17/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 29, p16
Focuses on shopping centers as the dominant format for retail sales in the United States in 1999. Shopping centers' sales according to the International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC); Comparison with the sales of Internet retail sales; Statements of ICSC senior vice-president of research...
- Brands should be shopping the malls for deals. Graves, Charlie // Brandweek;09/28/98, Vol. 39 Issue 36, p18
Discusses the need for the shopping center industry in the United States to refocus its vision back on the consumer. Importance of time management for the American consumers; Average expenditure per visit; Companies' use of malls to create distribution and marketing channels.