- THE BOTTOM LINE. // Shopping Centers Today;Oct2006, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p82
The article presents several charts and news briefs related to retail trade in the U.S. The charts include the commercial buyers' leverage power, top retail property acquisitions markets and growth rates for development expenses. It also discusses the current events in retail industry, including...
- From Mall to Midtown. // Chain Store Age;Jun2003, Vol. 79 Issue 6, p92
Reports on the demolition of the North Hills Mall in Raleigh, North Carolina to give way for retail and shopping concepts. History of the mall; Lot area of the site; Facilities and amenities that will be built.
- Istanbul's New $200M Kanyon. Erdem, Suna // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;8/15/2006, Vol. 192 Issue 32, p12
The article describes the Kanyon multistory shopping center in Istanbul, Turkey. Designed to evoke the topographical feature it is named after, the open air, the shopping mall brings the latest in a growing line of new labels to Turkey's largest city, and the more upmarket the better. Offerings...
- P.R. malls beat those stateside in sales per square foot. Rosa, Taina // Caribbean Business;2/5/2004, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p2
Reports on the increase in sales of shopping centers in Puerto Rico in 2003. Stateside shopping centers' sales per square foot; Predicted increase in sales and consumption rates in 2004.
- MALLWALKING DESERT STYLE. Armstrong, Joy // Retail Traffic;Jan2004, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p2
Features the Chandler Fashion Center in Phoenix, Arizona. Description of the mall; Design of the shopping mall.
- River Dance. // Retail Traffic;Jan2004, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p48
Presents a photograph of RiverWalk shopping center along the Murasaki River in Tokyo, Japan.
- THE BIERI REPORT: DETROIT. // Retail Traffic;Apr2005, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p8
The article presents information about shopping malls in Detroit, Michigan. Twelve Oaks Mall is a solid retail center from every perspective. Detroit's first lifestyle center, The Village of Rochester Hills, has been well accepted and is thriving. Great Lakes Crossing, the region's first version...
- CANADIAN MALL SALES. // ICSC Research Quarterly;Fall2000, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p36
The article considers sales per square foot recorded for shopping mall tenants in Canada as of June 30, 2000, based on the International Council of Shopping Centers data. Sales categories included apparel and accessories, children's apparel, men's apparel, women's apparel, unisex apparel,...
- Latin temperament. Harris, David // Estates Gazette;5/19/2012 Retail Supplement, p48
The article reports on the optimistic views of retailers in Brazil despite economic challenges in 2012. It states that the country expects over 40 shopping centers to open during the year and most shopping stores to expand until 2014. According to the author, one of the factors that affect this...