- World News Update. // Transmission & Distribution World;Jul99, Vol. 51 Issue 7, p8
Presents news briefs on the electric industry around the world. Monitoring equipment developed to protect power systems from solar storms; Plans of North Korea to invest in the power industry; Crisis faced by Venezuela's electrical system.
- Power industry sees only modest growth in capital spending. Novak, Ross // Electric Light & Power;Jan2003, Vol. 81 Issue 1, p20
Focuses on the performance of the power industry in capital spending. Factors contributing to the growth of spending for power supply; Demands for improvement and expansions in transmission facilities; Importance of information technology in electric industries.
- Thais That Bind. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Feb2007, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p7
The article focuses on the investments of China and Thailand to Laos. Economic development in Laos is greatly reliant on the constant investment and political and commercial support of China and Thailand. The countries are increasing their reserves in Laos' power sector where Thailand is going...
- THE FIRST NECESSITIES OF PROGRESS. Kuhn, Thomas R. // Electric Perspectives;Jan/Feb2003, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p14
Discusses the necessity for the U.S. electric industries to boost the confidence of the investment community. Forecast of the U.S. Energy Information Administration for 2020; Significance of fuel diversity; Ways in which energy policy can help preserve fuel diversity.
- Careful regulation essential to credit quality of utilities. // Fairfield County Business Journal;3/11/96, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p33
Discusses the necessity for investors to focus on the steps taken by federal and state regulators to strike a balance among electric industry participants, traditional electric utilities, independent power providers and power marketers. Difficulty of predicting which utilities will thrive in a...
- Consider the source: N.C. as global power. // Business North Carolina;Feb2002, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p68
Presents information on the utilities sector in North Carolina (N.C.) as of February 2002. Value of investments in natural-gas-burning electricity plants; Increase in the net earnings of Duke company in 2001; Net income of natural gas companies in 2001.
- International markets. Kemezis, Paul // Electrical World;Jul97, Vol. 211 Issue 7, p45
Criticizes investment in German electricity sectors. Examination of a Southern venture in purchasing 25% share of Berliner Kfaft-und Licht AG in Bewag, a municipal utility in Berlin; Circumstances surrounding the venture; Information on utility privatization deals in Germany; Views of the author.
- SAUDI ARABIA. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;5/12/2000, Vol. 44 Issue 19, p33
Reports that Kuwait-based Gulf Investment Corp. has been appointed to advise Saudi Arabia's Industry & Electricity Ministry on the restructuring of the electricity sector. Law firms and management consultants invited to submit proposals for the provision of consultancy services on the process;...
- power industry needs to look at long-term. Glauthier, T. J. // Electric Light & Power;Jul/Aug2005, Vol. 83 Issue 4, p35
Discusses the improvement of the investment on the electric industry in the U.S. Estimation of the capital investment; Management of power flows among thousands of power plants; Improvement of the overall power quality.