Tech On The Cheap
- Tencor wins $5m AMD contract for fab 25. // Electronic News;10/3/94, Vol. 40 Issue 2034, p58
Reports on Tencor Instruments' receipt of an order worth $5 million, from Advanced Micro Devices for semiconductor measurement equipment to be used in fab 25 of the former.
- AMD's Q3 results sends chips stocks into a tailspin. Patch, Kimberly // PC Week;10/11/93, Vol. 10 Issue 40, p139
Reports on the effect that Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) Inc.'s stock price drop had upon similar semiconductor stocks in Wall Street. Factor behind decline in AMD quotation; Quote for AMD on the quarter ending September 30, 1993; Similar declines noted for Motorola and Intel stocks; PC Week...
- AMD orders Novellus gear. // Electronic News;4/25/94, Vol. 40 Issue 2011, p48
Reports on Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) Incorporated's order for dielectric and tungsten chemical vapor deposition equipment from Novellus Systems Incorporated. Specific systems; AMD's reasons for the choice of Novellus.
- Naming names. // Electronic News;1/30/95, Vol. 41 Issue 2050, p4
Reports on the awarding of the Sematech and Tencor Instruments contract for the beta testing of a new automated system to Advanced Micro Devices. Classification of defects in semiconductors; Participation of the optics company Leica in the development and testing contract.
- Crazy Week for Cap Equip. Chappell, Jeff // Electronic News;10/16/2000, Vol. 46 Issue 42, p1
Reports on the performance of stocks of the semiconductor capital equipment industry as of October 2000. Earnings of Veeco Instruments Inc. for the third quarter of 2000; Increase in revenue and profit of KLA-Tencor Inc. for the same quarter; Information on the investment plans of IBM Corp.
- Stock Option Woes Continue for Cirrus, KLA, MIPS. Mutschler, Ann Steffora // Electronic News;11/20/2006, Vol. 52 Issue 47, p43
The article reports on the stock-related problems facing semiconductor companies. Analog and mixed-signal chip provider Cirrus Logic Inc., semiconductor manufacturing equipment provider KLA-Tencor Corp. and semiconductor intellectual property provider MIPS Technologies Inc. claimed that they...
- Are chips about to dip? Creswell, Julie // Fortune;5/26/2003, Vol. 147 Issue 10, p160
Focuses on the condition of the semiconductor industry, as of May 26, 2003. Slump in the semiconductor industry in 2001; Fall in the stock prices of companies such as Advanced Micro Devices Inc. and LSI Logic Corp. in 2001; Improvement in sales of semiconductor in 2002.
- August Attracts Numerous Suitors. Grocer, Stephen // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;2/14/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p1
Reports on the semiconductor companies that are interested in acquiring August Technology Corp. Agreement of August Technology with Rudolph Technology Inc. and Nanometrics Inc.; Reasons behind the interest of KLA Tencor Corp. to acquire August technology; Background on the stock performance of...
- AMD Gets a Thumbs Down. Mathew, Jayant // Electronic News;11/13/2000, Vol. 46 Issue 46, p2
Reveals that the stocks of Advanced Micro Devices Inc. (AMD) were downgraded. Reason for the decrease in the stocks' value; Delay in the marketing of the AMD Duron microprocessor; Forecast on flash memory; Effect of the uncertainty in pricing on AMD.