Investing On the Frontier
- WHO CAN YOU TRUST? Laurence, Michael // BRW;8/30/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 34, p42
Discusses the confidence of investors in the opinion of professional experts and the problem of expert independence from boards and managers. State of the financial services industry; Investors affected by the collapses of HIH Insurance and the superannuation trustee Commercial Nominees.
- Calendar. // Investment Management Weekly;4/25/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 16, p11
Presents a calendar of congresses in the financial services industry in the U.S. in May and June 2005. Emerging Managers Summit in Chicago, Illinois; Investment Trends Summit in Girwood, Alaska; Green Mountains Summit on Investor Responsibility in Stowe, Vermont.
- why analysts still matter. Birger, Jon // Money;Jul2002, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p98
Argues that stock analysts are still needed despite questions about conflicts of interest with investment banking departments. Pressure from companies not to downgrade their stock; How pressure from investors is causing analysts to change their rating systems for companies; Advice to ignore buy...
- Assessing the Risk Attitudes of Private Investors Using the Implicit Association Test. Fehr, Robert R.; Hari, Juerg J. // Journal of Financial Service Professionals;Nov2014, Vol. 68 Issue 6, p50
The new European regulation on financial markets requires consultants to assess clients' risk attitudes before advising them on financial products. The aim of the study is to test an alternative measure to quantify the risk attitudes of private investors: the Implicit Association Test (IAT)....
- Richard Verdin on PROTECTION. Verdin, Richard // Money Marketing;8/19/2004, p24
Comments on the regulation of non-investment pure protection products. Potential accusations made by clients; Significance of giving good advice to clients by independent financial advisors; Anomalies of regulations.
- INDEPENDENT VIEW. Winful, John // Money Marketing;9/9/2004, p37
This article presents information on lack of information of financial products. The real problem is that people in Great Britain are not saving enough money. Encouraging them to save more and provide for their futures is the task that the select committee should have addressed. The problem is...
- Federated Launches Three Value Funds. // Money Management Executive;3/23/2009, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p5
The article reports on the three value funds launched by Federated Investors under the Clover Value fund family name. The three value funds included the Federated Clover Value Fund, Federated Clover Mid Value Fund and Federated Clover Small Value Fund. The advisor of the funds is Federated...
- It's good to talk. Perks, John // Money Marketing;3/15/2007, p83
The author discusses the significance of developing strategies by the protection sector to address the various challenges faced by investment advisors and their clients in Great Britain. He suggests on the need of further educating fund managers for them to gain awareness on the value of...
- Taking a Hit for Impact Investing: How Big Funds Can Encourage Smaller Peers. Pfeuti, Elizabeth // AiCIO News;2013, p1
Investors showing they are prepared to take a first loss can help convince others to commit, supporters of impact investing have suggested.