Getting Them Young
- Indian philanthropy gets high-profile boost. // Alliance;Sep2010, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p17
The article reports that Indian industrialist Shiv Nadar has donated 125 million dollars to his foundation from his own fortune in August 2010, which gives optimism to Indian Philanthropy Forum (IPF) in its efforts to boost Indian philanthropy.
- 3000 crore for education: Shiv Nadar. // Day After;11/16/2013, Vol. 27 Issue 22, p34
The article reports that Shiv Nadar, founder and chairman of HCL Corp., committed to invest in new and existing initiatives of his foundation over the next five years.
- Levelling the Playing Field. KAUSHIK, MANU // Business Today;1/6/2013, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p96
The article offers information on schools which provide free educational facilities to school toppers in rural areas of India. It states that Shiv Nadar, head of HCL Technologies Ltd., founded VidyaGyan school in Uttar Pradesh, India to provide free education to school toppers. It further states...
- THE BEST AND THE BRIGHTEST. RAGHUNATHAN, ANURADHA // Forbes Asia;7/26/2016, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p085
The article focuses on the work of the Indian philanthropists and their work. Vineet and Anupama Nayar are giving 100 million dollars that their low-tech tools will get students to learn in rural schools. Philanthropist Shiv Nadar of the Shiv Nadar Foundation pledged 1 billion dollars to his...
- Global Giving Round-Up. // Global Giving Matters;Winter2013, Issue 49, p6
This section offers news briefs in philanthropy. The winners of the 2012 Philanthropy Awards published by Forbes India are Azim Premji from Wipro as the Outstanding Philanthropist, and Tata Trust as the Outstanding Corporate Foundation. The Shiv Nadar Foundation donated 20% of the family wealth...
- PHILANTHROPY. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;2/16/2009, Vol. 38 Issue 34, p16
This section offers philanthropy news briefs in Salt Lake City, Utah as of February 16, 2009. Dressbarn will be taking part in the Dress for Success Send One Suit (SOS) weekend on February 19 to 22. Over 300 used and new coats collected through the "Stuff the Bus Coat Drive" were donated by Zagg...
- Economic school desegregation. Kahlenberg, Richard D. // Education Week;03/31/99, Vol. 18 Issue 29, p52
Reports on San Francisco, California's replacement of a racial desegregation scheme for schools in favor of a compromise that emphasizes integration of students by economic status. Complaints of Chinese-American, black and Latino families against the admission policy of the city's Lowell High...
- 'How do you eat an elephant?'. Sundaram, Karthik // Siliconindia;Oct2002, Vol. 6 Issue 10, p60
Focuses on the corporate leadership strategies of HCL Ltd. chairman, Shiv Nadar. Influence on the facilitation of the company's movement away from products to services; Differentiation of HCL's potential in the business processing operations industry; Techniques for motivating HCL's employees.
- The root cause. // India Today;7/11/2011, p54
An introduction to a series of profiles of educators in India is presented including Shiv Nadar University founder Shiv Nadar, Parvez Ahmad of Sharda University, and Rhode scholar and professor C. Raj Kumar.