48 Heroes Of Philanthropy
- Our fourth annual list of leading philanthropists in the Asia-Pacific region begins on the next page. Koppisch, John // Forbes Asia;Jul2011, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p44
An introduction to the article on the top philanthropists in the Asia-Pacific region that is published within the journal is presented.
- What you should know about Haiti donations and the IRS. Grill Jr., Norman G. // Westchester County Business Journal;2/22/2010, Vol. 49 Issue 8, p26
The article presents the facts about the donations in Haiti and the Internal Revenue Services such as the fact that not all donations can be deducted from income and the Act to Accelerate the Income Tax Benefits for Charitable Cash Contributions for the Relief of Victims of the Earthquake in Haiti.
- New foreign policy. Souccar, Miriam Kreinin // Crain's New York Business;2/4/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p3
No abstract available.
- Thanks a million. Castle, Ann // Texas Monthly;Dec97, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p100
Presents the top philanthropists from Texas. The amount of money donated by each and to whom the money was given. Including the philanthropists Robert H. and Nancy Dedman; Robert M. and Anne T. Bass; H. Ross and Margot Perot; How the list was compiled; Texans who were included on the list of...
- Index helps philantropists choose charities. Redmond, Jack // Inside Tucson Business;10/20/97, Vol. 7 Issue 30, p14
Provides information and guidelines in choosing a charitable organization in Arizona. Tucson Yellow Pages organization list; Assessment procedure for charities; Comparison among specific institutions.
- Philanthropists: we know who you are. Thanks. Townsend, Paul // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);10/16/98, Vol. 45 Issue 42, p43A
Opinion. Focuses on the philanthropists in Long Island, New York. Top donors; Amount of donations from leading donors; Promotion of an environment conducive to giving in Long Island.
- The Super-Givers. Herrera, Philip // Town & Country;Nov2001, Vol. 155 Issue 5258, p194
Presents a list of people who donated in various organizations in the United States in 2001.
- Grants and where they go. // Education Week;1/12/94, Vol. 13 Issue 16, p13
Presents tables to show where grant donations of wealthy philanthrophists are spent. Walter H. Annenberg grant beneficiaries; Pie graph to show segregation of educational funding; Private grants for selected school-reform activities.
- Become a PHILANTHROPIST! Karnes, Korey // Cosmo Girl;Dec2002, Vol. 4 Issue 10, p116
Presents several steps on becoming a philanthropist in the U.S. Benefits of Web sites to philanthropists; Schedule of donations.