The Paranoid Optimist speaks
- Why Ben Is Addicted To Failure. Forbes, Steve // Forbes Asia;Dec2010, Vol. 6 Issue 14, p19
The article comments on the policies of Ben Bernanke, chairman of the U.S. Federal Reserve. The author is critical of his decision to buy 600 billion dollars in treasury bonds despite huge liquidity in the financial system. He also informs about the impact of the decision on the economy. He is...
- Expected Inflation Is Trending Higher. Haubrich, Joseph G.; Millington, Sara // Economic Trends (07482922);Sep2013, p6
The article focuses on the status of expected inflation in the U.S. as of September 2013. It mentions that the expected inflation in the country has moved up with the 0.10 increase in consideration to the 1.76 inflation rate in August 2013. It states that the possibility that the inflation rate...
- Inflation Just Around the Corner? // Power Line;12/15/2015, p1
The article deals with economic forecasts about low inflation in the U.S.
- Is the Fed Monetizing Government Debt? // Central Banker;
The article discusses the role of the Federal Reserve Bank in monetarizing the government debt, following the 2009 recession in the U.S. It is informed that the bank has tripled its monetary base and a huge part of it is used to purchase government bonds. According to the experts, the bank is...
- Beware the Monetary Cliff. Makin, John H. // AEI Outlook Series;Oct2013, p1
Unlike the US fiscal cliff, which was largely defused by congressional action, the US monetary cliffâ€” which will be reached if US inflation rates turn negativeâ€”cannot be easily circumvented. Over the past two years, US, European, and Chinese inflation rates have drifted steadily...
- Welcome To Bernanke World, Where The Economy Is "Improving". SILVERSTEIN, MICHAEL // Moderate Voice;3/16/2011, p13
The article focuses on the claims of Ben Bernanke, chairman of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, that the economy is improving in the U.S. It highlights the increase in the prices for energy and food commodities by 3.3 percent and 3.9 percent, respectively. It emphasizes the...
- Medium- and Long-Term: Outlook. // United States Country Monitor;Nov2011, p20
The article focuses on the economic outlook in the U.S. for medium- and long-term. It says that the growth of annual real gross domestic product (GDP) will average 2.7% from 2010-2041. It mentions that the employment rate will rise at the average of 0.9% annual rate from 2010-2041. It states...
- Recognize Your Inner Treasury. Gray, Farrah // Chicago Citizen - Chatham Southeast Edition;9/8/2010, Vol. 45 Issue 24, p17
The article offers the author's insights on the statement of Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke regarding the slow economic recovery of the U.S. and the significance of recognizing inner entrepreneurial skills and resources.
- Bernanke: Fed can do nothing if Congress goes over 'fiscal cliff'. Schroeder, Peter // Hill;4/26/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 52, p15
The article presents the warning of U.S. Federal Reserve Chairperson Ben Bernanke that he won't be able to save the economy if the Congress takes the country over a fiscal cliff.