Volvo Trucks, UAW agree on five-year pact
- Volvo Trucks, UAW agree on five-year pact. // Bulk Transporter Exclusive Insight;4/ 5/2011, p3
The article offers information on the five-year agreement between Volvo Trucks North America Inc. and United Auto Workers (UAW) which covers about 1,300 members of UAW Local #2069 at the New River Valley, Virginia plant. Volvo Trucks North America president Denny Slagle states that such...
- Volvo Trucks, UAW agree on contract. // Bulk Transporter;Jul2011, Vol. 74 Issue 1, p45
The article focuses on the agreement made between Volvo Trucks North America Inc. and employees represented by the United Auto Workers (UAW).
- Navistar Workers Approve New Four- Year Contract. // Foundry Management & Technology;Dec2010, Vol. 138 Issue 12, p8
The article provides an overview of the collective bargaining agreement between the United Auto Workers union employees and the Navistar International Corp. in the U.S. on October 1, 2011.
- UAW Stakes in Chrysler, GM Transform Labors' Role. Amend, James M. // Ward's Auto World;May2009, Vol. 45 Issue 5, p8
The article reports on the effect of the ratification of a deal between the United Auto Workers (UAW) union and Chrysler LLC on relations between labor and management. Under the deal, labor will receive 55 percent ownership in the auto maker in exchange for halving the $10.6 billion that...
- Ford concessions rejected by UAW in Kansas City. Barkholz, David // Automotive News;10/26/2009, Vol. 84 Issue 6383, p1
The article reports that Ford Motor Co.'s march for additional United Auto Workers' (UAW) concessions suffered a denial in Kansas City, Missouri. The assembly plant there that builds Ford F-150 pickups and Ford, Mercury and Mazda small SUVs voted down the proposed contract amendments by 92...
- Auto Bargaining Complications. // America;9/16/1967, Vol. 117 Issue 12, p263
The author reflects on guaranteed income as a sore point in the collective bargaining process by the United Auto Workers (UAW). The author says to appease its skilled workers who insist on hourly wage rates, the union had to give them veto power but it shows that the problem lies within the...
- American Axle to Shutter Detroit Facility. // Industrial Heating;Oct2011 Supplement, p11
The article informs that Detroit-based American Axle & Manufacturing announced is closing its Detroit facility in February 2012 upon the expiration of its current labor agreement with the United Auto Workers (UAW) of America.
- Union, Alcoa Deal Opens Door for New Press at Cleveland. // Metal Center News;May2009, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p40
The article reports on the ratification of a two-year contract extension by members of the United Auto Workers in its current labor agreement with Alcoa Inc.'s Cleveland Works facility in Ohio. The company looked for a contract extension to raise enough money to finance the reconstruction of its...
- Chrysler, UAW finally agree on new contract. Durbin, Dee-Ann; Krisher, Tom // Delta Automotive Report;Nov2011, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p19
The article reports on the labor agreement between the United Auto Workers union and Chrysler Group LLC.