Tobacco, alcohol and illicit drug use among Aboriginal youth living off-reserve: results from the Youth Smoking Survey
- ask us anything. // Boys' Life;Aug2010, Vol. 100 Issue 8, p11
The article provides an answer to a question on how to avoid exposure to secondhand smoke.
- Surgeon general's report highlights new tobacco health impact findings. Currie, Donya // Nation's Health;Feb2011, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p5
The article focuses on a report by the U.S. surgeon general on the health effects of smoking and exposure to secondhand tobacco smoke.
- Physiological Effects of Acute Passive Exposure to Cigarette Smoke. Pimm, P.E.; Silverman, P.; Shephard, R.J // Archives of Environmental Health;Jul/Aug78, Vol. 33 Issue 4
Investigates the physiological effects of acute passive inhalation to cigarette smoke in Canada. Quantities of toxic substances exposed to nonsmokers; Incidence of respiratory infections in children of smoking parents; Amounts of oxides from nitrogen and carbon monoxide in cigarette smoke.
- Tobacco row. Catherine, Dold // Discover;Jan98, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p58
Reports on the results of studies on the physiological effects of smoking released in 1997. Health risks of second-hand smoke; Smoking-related damages that may occur before birth.
- "Conclusions about exposure to ETS and health that will be unhelpful to us": How the tobacco industry attempted to delay and discredit the 1997 Australian National Health... Trotter, L.; Chapman, S. // Tobacco Control;Dec2003 Supplement 3, Vol. 12, p102
Background: Major reviews of the health effects of passive smoking have been subjected to tobacco industry campaigns to refute the scientific evidence. Following the 1992 US Environmental Protection Agency review, the Australian National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) initiated a...
- SMOKING JACKETS. // Creative Review;Dec2004, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p76
The article focuses on smoking jackets. As the name implies, it's a simple cardboard package that one self-assembles and slide over cigarettes, thus concealing the bigger compulsory government health warnings, including images of cancerous lungs and throat tumours soon to appear on packaging....
- Effects of smoking on the levels of urinary biomarkers of aromatic hydrocarbons in oil refinery workers. Chalbot, Marie-Cecile; Vei, Ino-Christina; Kavouras, Ilias; Bartzis, Ioannis // Stochastic Environmental Research & Risk Assessment;Jul2012, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p731
Occupational exposures to aromatic hydrocarbons may be overwhelmed by mainstream and secondary smoking exposures. The objective of this study was to evaluate the influence of occupational exposures and smoking on benzene and toluene urinary metabolites. The metabolites were measured in pre and...
- How many deaths are caused by second hand cigarette smoke? Woodward, Alistair; Laugesen, Murray // Tobacco Control;Dec2001, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p383
Objectives-To estimate the number of deaths attributable to second hand smoke (SHS), to distinguish attributable and potentially avoidable burdens of mortality, and to identify the most important sources of uncertainty in these estimates. Method-A case study approach, using exposure and...
- HARD TO CONCEIVE. // Women's Health;May2009, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p34
The article reports that a study published in the "Tobacco Control" has found that exposure to secondhand smoke affects conception. The study found that women who were exposed to secondhand smoke are more likely to have difficulty conceiving and suffer miscarriage or stillbirth. It also found...