Development of a postgraduate year 1 pharmacy residency program at a large teaching hospital
- Postgraduate entrance test reforms. Parulekar, Shashank V. // Journal of Postgraduate Medicine;Jul-Sep2011, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p263
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "comment on medical education," by Aggarwal and "conduct of postgraduate medical entrance examinations: amendments," by Bhan, which discusses the aspects of common entrance test (CET).
- Creating a Nursing Residency: Decrease Turnover and Increase Clinical Competence. Welding, Nicole M. // MEDSURG Nursing;Jan/Feb2011, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p37
New graduates are the largest source of registered nurses available for recruitment, and graduates are expected to transition quickly into professional practice. Stress of this transition can lead to high turnover within the first year. The design and goals of a graduate nurse residency program...
- Characteristics of postgraduate year 1 pharmacy residency programs at academic medical centers. Phillips, Holly; Jasiak, Karalea D.; Lindberg, Lance S.; Ryzner, Kristi L. // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;8/1/2011, Vol. 68 Issue 15, p1437
Purpose. The training components and other characteristics of postgraduate year 1 (PGY1) pharmacy residency programs at a sample of academic medical centers were evaluated. Summary. A questionnaire was sent via email to the directors of 98 PGY1 residency programs at academic medical centers in...
- Rural hospitals offer comprehensive student experiences. Traynor, Kate // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;3/15/2011, Vol. 68 Issue 6, p465
No abstract available.
- Coping with the residency scramble: The need for national guidelines. MAY, J. RUSSELL; CHAN, JULIANA; CHOUDHARY, KAVISH; FULLER, PATRICK D.; GOLDMAN, MORTON; JASIAK, KARALEA D.; LEINUM, COREY J.; PHILLIPS, HOLLY; SMITH, KELLY M. // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;2/1/2012, Vol. 69 Issue 3, p253
In the article, the authors offer guidance to pharmacy students of post graduate year 1 (PGY1) and other applicants on how to manage the post March scramble. They suggest that residency program directors should plan a standardized process for selecting and assessing candidates who enquire about...
- New rounds for med students. Robeznieks, Andis // Modern Healthcare;2/27/2012, Vol. 42 Issue 9, p6
The article focuses on the reform of the medical education system in the U.S. It discusses changes in the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) approved by the Association of American Medical Colleges on February 16, 2012 that will be administered to medical school applicants in 2015. It...
- RESIDÃŠNCIA EM ENFERMAGEM: A EXPERIÃŠNCIA DE JUIZ DE FORA DO PONTO DE VISTA DOS RESIDENTES. Carbogim, Fábio da Costa; dos Santos, Kelli Borges; da Silva Alves, Marcelo; da Silva, Girlene Alves // Revista de Atencao Primaria a Saude;abr-jun2010, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p245
In Brazil, there are several specializations for nurses, among them nursing residence. This kind of specialization provides in-service training, and aims to form nurses able to understand the health system and perform in a flexible way. This is a report of the experience of two nursing residents...
- Formulary Stewardship As a Novel Training Method for Postgraduate Pharmacy Practice Residents. Jaszczur, Gregory R.; Adams, Kathleen K.; Cabie, Maribeth; Huynh, Phu; Boothe, Kimberly // Hospital Pharmacy;Dec2016, Vol. 51 Issue 11, p869
A letter to the editor is presented about the use of formulary stewarship by postgraduate pharmacy practice residents as a training method.
- Experience of health-system pharmacy administration residents in a longitudinal human resource management program. AMERINE, LINDSEY B. (POPPE); GRANKO, ROBERT P.; SAVAGE, SCOTT W.; DANIELS, ROWELL; ECKEL, STEPHEN F. // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;12/15/2014, Vol. 71 Issue 24, p2143
Purpose. The experience of health-system pharmacy administration (HSPA) residents in a longitudinal human resource (HR) management program is described. The subsequent benefits to the residents, department, and profession are also discussed. Summary. Postgraduate year 2 HSPA residents at an...