Oral contraceptives and the risk of gallbladder disease: a comparative safety study
- Ethinylestradiol/norethisterone. // Reactions Weekly;7/30/2011, Issue 1362, p15
The article describes the case of a 68-year-old man with Rendu-Osler disease who developed decreased libido and hypogonadism after receiving ethinylestradiol/norethisterone for the treatment of severe anaemia.
- Predicting hospital admission and discharge with
symptom or function scores in patients with
schizophrenia: pooled analysis of a clinical trial
extension. Kozma, Chris M.; Dirani, Riad G.; Canuso, Carla M.; Mao, Lian // Annals of General Psychiatry;2010, Vol. 9, p24
Background: The purpose of this analysis was to evaluate relationships between hospital admission or discharge and scores for symptom or functioning in patients with schizophrenia. Methods: Data were from three 52-week open-label extensions of the double-blind pivotal trials of paliperidone...
- Ethinylestradiol/levonorgestrel. // Reactions Weekly;7/20/2013, Issue 1462, p21
The article presents a case study about the development of peripheral arterial disease in a 40-year-old woman after receiving ethinyl estradio/loevonorgestrel.
- Hospitalizations for medication conditions on the rise among Americans ages 45 and older. // Healthcare Purchasing News;Dec2010, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p16
The article discusses a report which was released by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services' Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality and which indicates that the number of hospital admissions among Americans ages 45 and older for medication and drug-related conditions doubled...
- Deaths from adverse drug reactions on the rise over ten years. // Nursing Standard;7/7/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 44, p17
An abstract of the article â€œTen-year trends in hospital admissions for adverse drug reactions in England: 1999-2009,â€ by T-Y Wu and others is presented.
- Hospitalisations for ADRs "substantial" among US elderly. // Reactions Weekly;12/3/2011, Issue 1380, p3
The article discusses research by D. S. Budnitz et al, published in the November 2011 issue of the "New England Journal of Medicine" which estimated that 99,628 emergency hospitalisations for adverse drug events emerge yearly among older adults in the U.S.
- A Randomized, Controlled, Multicenter Clinical Trial Comparing Pemetrexed/Cisplatin and Gemcitabine/Cisplatin as First-line Treatment for Advanced Nonsquamous Non-small Cell Lung Cancer. Yan Huang; Yunpeng Liu; Jianying Zhou; Nong Xu; Baolan Li; Gang Wu; Jian Fang; Kai Li; Xiaoqing Liu; Wei Liu; You Lu; Mengzhao Wang; Wenchao Liu; Houjie Liang; Yiping Zhang; Cheng Huang; Shunjin Wang; Yajie Wang; Shiying Yu; Jianhua Chang // Chinese Journal of Lung Cancer;Oct2012, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p576
Background and objective Platinum-based doublet chemotherapy is still the standard first-line treatment for non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC). Previous studies have demonstrated that pemetrexed combined with platinum had promising efficacy and safety profile in NSCLC, especially in patients...
- Differences in 5-year survival after a 'homeless' or 'housed' drugs-related hospital admission: a study of 15-30-year olds in Scotland. Dibben, C.; Atherton, I.; Doherty, J.; Baldacchino, A. // Journal of Epidemiology & Community Health;Sep2011, Vol. 65 Issue 9, p780
Background Young drug misusers and the homeless both have a greater risk of death than their peers. This study sought to estimate the additional impact of homelessness on the risk of death for young drugs misusers. Methods From all admissions to NHS hospitals in Scotland between 1986 and 2001,...
- Costs of waiting for gall bladder surgery. Somasekar, K.; Shankar, P.J.; Foster, M.E.; Lewis, M.H. // Postgraduate Medical Journal;Nov2002, Vol. 78 Issue 925, p668
Studies the incidence of emergency inpatient admissions because of gallstone related problems among those awaiting an elective cholecystectomy. Costs of surgery and radiological investigations; Prolonged wait for surgery presenting a burden to patients in terms of unrelieved symptoms; Costs...