REPORT: WORLDWIDE GAMING SPENDING UP 10%
- Purchasing power parity and cultural convergence: evidence from the global video games market. Cox, Joe // Journal of Cultural Economics;Aug2008, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p201
A shared activity or pursuit can have the effect of bringing about cultural convergence in the form of patterns of behaviour and consumption. This idea is supported by the Axelrod () thesis, which suggests that cultures are more likely to interact and subsequently converge if they have shared...
- Correction and Clarification. // Georgia Trend;May2009, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p8
A correction to the article about the video game industry in Georgia that was published in the April 2009 issue is presented.
- Gaming industry shaken. Kosiec, Tom // UWM Post (Milwaukee, WI);4/4/2011, p17
The article reports on the effects of earthquake on videogame companies in Japan.
- HOT TECH. // Discover;Dec2009, Vol. 30 Issue 11, p38
The article lists the best technology products including the interactive video game �Tony Hawk: Ride,� by Activision, a hands-free video game controller Project Natal, by Microsoft, and Nintendo�s WII Motionplus remote control for video games.
- SETTING THE RECORD STRAIGHT. // Time;6/11/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 24, p14
A correction to the Numbers column published in the May 21, 2007 issue is presented.
- Vidgame biz casts jealous eye on vfx incentives. Brodsky, Katherine // Daily Variety;9/6/2012, Vol. 316 Issue 47, p28
The article reports on the layoff and transfer of employees at various video game companies in Vancouver, British Columbia, which include Radical Entertainment Inc., Rockstar Vancouver, and Relic Entertainment.
- 'Back-ending' blamed for fall in games sales. Bamford, Vince // Grocer;7/28/2012, p31
The article reports that publishers back-ending releases have been blamed for the year-on-year decline across the entertainment category of the British video game industry whose sales have crashed by 33 percent from 480 million British pounds between January and June 2011 to 320 million British...
- Games Down 26% in July. Gil, Billy // Home Media Magazine;8/15/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 33, p4
This article reports on a decrease in total video game sales in the U.S. in July 2011.
- 2011 INDEPENDENT GAMES FESTIVAL OPENS SUBMISSIONS. // Multimedia Publisher;Aug2010, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p2
The article announces that the Independent Games Festival, an independent video game festival, summit and showcase organized by UBM TechWeb Game Network, is now ready to accept entries for the 13th annual festival to be held at the Game Developers Conference (GDC) 2011 in San Francisco,...