'Fast and Furious' program prompts gun laws debate
- Gun control not dormant any longer. Lillis, Mike // Hill;3/15/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 35, p1
The article reports on the debate concerning rules for gun control in the U.S.
- The futility of gun control. Brown, Susan Stamper // Ellis County Press;8/9/2012, Vol. 21 Issue 18, p3
The author reflects on the ineffectuality of the gun control laws in the U.S., asserting that they are based on the erroneous assumption that criminals will obey the law leaving law-abiding citizens in danger.
- More Ammunition For Gun Advocates. Schneider, William // National Journal;5/23/2009, p13
No abstract available.
- Gunning for the Ugly Right. Capaldi, Michael D. // Orange County Business Journal;7/14/2008, Vol. 31 Issue 28, p67
The author reflects on the right to bear arms in the U.S. According to the author, it is not a high and philosophical right like freedom of speech and not inspiring like freedom of religion. The author questioned the beliefs of Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama about gun control....
- EXERCISING THE RIGHT: "... the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.". // New American (08856540);3/15/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p39
The article discusses issues concerning the right of the people to carry firearms in the U.S. It is stated that in Des Moines, Iowa, advocates of gun-rights are lobbying for a right-to-carry bill. A legislative bill that made legal the display of guns to warn attackers has been passed in New...
- A Little Bit of Gun Control. // Governing;May2009, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p15
The article presents the author's insight on the issues of gun control in the U.S. It states that because of the growing number of gun violence in the country, state legislators tend to propose tougher legislation that would control gun violence through managing the problem of gun trafficking....
- Health Agencies Urge Better Gun Policies. Jones, Ayana // Chicago Weekend;1/16/2013, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p7
The article reports on a call by the U.S. health organizations for the betterment of gun policies in the country following a recent carnage that took place at the Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut.
- Down Range Shooting Tips and Events. Feather, White // Ellis County Press;1/3/2013, Vol. 21 Issue 39, p8
The article offers views regarding the truthfulness on the move of U.S. President Barack Obama to pass a law on gun control.
- Elementary School Shooting: What Gun Control Laws Might US Voters Support? // Moderate Voice;12/15/2012, p3
The article focuses on the gun control laws which must be voted by the Americans amidst the school shooting in Newtown, Connecticut in December 2012. It notes a survey conducted by Cable News Network (CNN) which showed that Americans are against on the potential law which limits the number of...