LATVIA: RISK SUMMARY
- FOREIGN DIRECT REAL ESTATE INVESTMENTS IN LATVIA IN THE CONTEXT OF THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE NATIONAL ECONOMY. Kauškale, Linda; Geipele, Ineta // Economic Science for Rural Development Conference Proceedings;Apr2015, Issue 37, p241
Real estate investing has a major role in the development of each country. Nowadays, in the context of increasing globalization level, one of the most important objects of the analysis is the foreign direct investment in real estate. The investment multiplier effect in the real estate market is...
- IHS Global Insight Report: Latvia (Country Intelligence). // Latvia Country Monitor;Dec2009, p1
The article presents IHS Global Insight Inc.'s forecasts for the economic and political developments in Latvia, as well as its business environment. The country's economy, currency, foreign relations and domestic development are outlined. The IHS forecasts that Latvia's economy will experience a...
- RISK SUMMARY: LATVIA. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Dec2008, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p11
This section offers news briefs concerning business, political and economic conditions in Latvia. Budget deficit for 2009 is 1.9 percent of gross domestic product (GDP). The Latvian Finance Ministry will borrow 500 million euros from the European Investment Bank (EIB). A joint Business...
- Political Conditions. // Latvia Country Review;2009, p10
The article provides an overview of the political condition of Latvia from 1991-2009.
- Government Functions. // Latvia Country Review;2012, p51
The article provides information on the government functions in Latvia as of 2012 including the legislative authority, judicial system, and constitution.
- Government Structure. // Latvia Country Review;2012, p53
The article provides an overview of the structure of government in Latvia as of 2012 including the country's executive branch, elections, and the type of government.
- History. // Latvia Country Review;2012, p7
The article provides information on the political history of Latvia including the invasion of the Germans during the 13th century, the integration of Latvia under Russian rule after its victory over Sweden, and the Latvian referendum of independence from the Russians on March 3, 1991.
- LATVIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Apr2011, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p12
The article focuses on various internal issues in Latvia including cuts as part of fiscal reform, inflation in consumer prices, and the expansion of business.
- The other presidential election. Davies, Philip John; Ozolins, Andrejs Valdis // Contemporary Review;Sep96, Vol. 269 Issue 1568, p113
Comments on the presidential elections in Latvia held on June 1996. Candidates; Debates surrounding the campaigns; Political tensions preceding the elections; Negotiated route to independence of Latvia from the former Union of Soviet Socialist Republics (USSR); Political climate in the country;...