LITHUNIA: RISK SUMMARY
- Principal Government Officials. // Lithuania Country Review;2012, p58
The article presents the key government officials of the Republic of Lithuania including President Dalia Grybauskaite, Prime Minister Andrius Kubilius and Cabinet officials.
- Risks Of Cabinet Reshuffle Pronounced. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Mar2010, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p1
The article presents updates on the political scene in Lithuania. The resignation of Minister of Foreign Affairs Vygaudas Usackas has shown growing tensions between the executive and legislative branches. It is expected that the ability of Prime Minister Andrius Kubilius' coalition government to...
- Beleaguered Government To Hang On To Power. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Aug2011, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p11
The article presents a political forecast in Lithuania specifically on the restoration of the political standing of Andrius Kubilius, the prime minister of Lithuania. Kubilius has been anticipated to survive the parliamentary vote in October 2012. The government is expected of the difficulty in...
- Falling Popularity Could Force Early Elections. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Nov2010, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p11
The article provides an outlook on the political conditions in Lithuania for 2010 and beyond. It projects that the falling popularity of Prime Minister Andrius Kubilius and Homeland Union in polls can stimulate the early start of elections. It expects that the fiscal austerity schedule and...
- PRALAIMÄ–JIMAS, PRILYGINTAS LAIMÄ–JIMUI: GERO ANDRIAUS KUBILIAUS VYRIAUSYBÄ–S PARTIJÅ² PASIRODYMO SEIMO RINKIMUOSE PRIEÅ½ASTYS. JASTRAMSKIS, MAŽVYDAS // Politologija;2014, Issue 73/1, p36
No abstract available.
- CIA: The World Factbook: Lithuania. // CIA World Fact Book;2011, p393
The article presents facts on Eastern European country Lithuania as of 2011. It says that it has an estimated population of 3,535,547 Lithuanians who speak several languages including Polish, Russian, and Lithuanian. It mentions that the country is headed by President Dalia Grybauskaite and...
- Austerity Shaky Despite Budget Approval. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Feb2011, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p11
The article reports on the approval of the Lithuanian government's 2011 budget by Prime Minister Andrius Kubilius. It says that its focus was to reform state-run firms and tackle smuggling to increase revenues on public sector pay cuts, pension reform, and tax hikes to reduce its deficit on...
- History. // Lithuania Country Review;2010, p6
The article presents an overview of the political history of Lithuania for 2010.
- Political Conditions. // Lithuania Country Review;2010, p13
The article offers information on the political conditions of Lithuania for 2010, which include the delineation of powers between parliament and the executive, the resignation of Prime Minister Rolandas Paksas, and the candidacy of Social Democrat Zigmantas Balcytis as prime minister.