Solid Growth Ahead
- Assessment and recommendations. // OECD Economic Surveys: Slovak Republic;Dec2012, Vol. 2012, p11
The article discusses Slovakia's economic conditions and policies as of December 2012 and presents recommendations for improvement. It mentions the economy's ability to increase productivity growth and attain wage moderation, resulting in international competitiveness. The need to implement...
- Economic Growth: Consumer Demand - Outlook. // Slovakia Country Monitor;Jun2012, p8
The article forecasts the economic performance of Slovakia as of June 2012 with regards to its consumer demand which is expected to recover modestly due to the government's austerity measures and return to pre-economic crisis levels by 2014-2015.
- Heading Into Recession. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Mar2009, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p8
The article discusses an economic outlook for Slovakia for 2009. It is forecasted that the country will not be able to stop recession from happening in 2009. It is predicted that gross domestic product will contract by 0.9 percent in the forecast period. Consumer confidence and external demand...
- Economic Growth: Outlook. // Slovakia Country Monitor;Nov2011, p4
The article offers information on the economic outlook for Slovakia in 2011-2012. It mentions that automotive production should serve as a key driver of growth in late 2011 and into 2012 while the net exports and fixed investment will help compensate for the sluggish growth in household...
- Growth Set To Slow In 2012 And Beyond. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jan2012, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p9
The article presents an economic growth outlook of Slovakia for 2012. It forecasts that the country's real gross domestic product (GDP) growth will drop to 2.9% from the previous 3.4% estimate, net exports will decline to 2.78 percentage points (pp), and private consumption will remain subdued...
- Slovakia raises 2013 growth forecast on exports and households. // Regional Today;9/20/2013, p1
The article reports that Slovakia has raised its 2013 growth forecast, citing improvement in the euro region and an increase in household spending.
- Slovak Republic: Highest growth in OECD. // OECD Observer;Dec2008/Jan2009, Issue 270/271, p71
The article presents forecasts on the state of the economy in Slovak Republic in 2009-2010.
- Slovakia: Domestic Consumption To Buoy Growth. // Emerging Markets Monitor;6/23/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p16
The article stresses that the economic growth experienced by Slovakia in the first quarter of 2008 was driven by strong domestic consumption. Based on the article, the country's growth dynamics for the first quarter shows that its economy will be less dependent on exports and gross fixed...
- Economic Growth: Consumer Demand - Outlook. // Slovakia Country Monitor;Nov2011, p7
The article offers information on the outlook for the economic growth in Slovakia, considering the consumer demand, which shows the gradual improvement in the labor market and the anticipated increase of household demand.