CZECH REPUBLIC: RISK SUMMARY
- Government Functions. // Czech Republic Country Review;2011, p54
The article provides an overview of the government functions of Czech Republic since it became a fully independent territory on January 1, 1993, with details on its executive authority, constitution, and administration.
- Government Structure. // Czech Republic Country Review;2011, p56
The article presents information on the government structure of Czech Republic, a constitutional democratic country, including its government branches such as executive, legislative and judicial .
- Opposing Forces Buffet Koruna. // Emerging Markets Monitor;9/23/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 23, p13
Discusses the defeat of the Czech Republic government's koruna currency CZK11bn package as of September 2002. Value added tax increase proposed by the package; Expected decline in growth for the year as a whole; Increase in exports for the second quarter.
- Administration Reduced by 8%. // Czech Business & Trade;2009, Issue 5/6, p12
The article offers information on the reduction of the administration burden by 8% in the Czech Republic.
- SOMETHING BAD FOR SOMETHING GOOD. Dobrovsky, Lubos // New Presence: The Prague Journal of Central European Affairs;Winter2002, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p19
Presents observations of the Czech Republic's politics in the aftermath of the worst floods that struck the country in 150 years. Stereotypical perception of the country's politics; Transfer of power to the grassroots activity of civil society.
- POLITICAL RESENTMENT IS DANGEROUS. Hartl, Jan // New Presence: The Prague Journal of Central European Affairs;Summer2003, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p38
Recalls significant events related to politics and government in Czech Republic. Priority of freedom and democracy; Extention of equal-opportunity society; Efforts of overcoming deficiencies in society.
- My Wish. Stránský, Martin Jan // New Presence: The Prague Journal of Central European Affairs;Winter2003, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p48
Focuses on the wish of the author that the Czech electorate and those whom they elect will mature. Identification of the religious and political pendulums of various external rulers and empires; Sustainability of the democratic constitution of the country; Dissatisfaction of the politicians.
- Political Conditions. // Czech Republic Country Review;2010, p13
The article offers information on the political conditions of Czech Republic, which include the elections for the Chamber of Deputies, the difficulties faced by the Zeman government during its tenure in office, and the mass demonstration in December 1999.
- Bibliography. // Czech Republic Country Review;2011, p246
A bibliography on the subject of the political, economic, and social conditions in Czech Republic is presented including the book "Britannica Book of the Year," the journal "The Economist Magazine," and the United Nations Development Programme website.