Chenille shines on
- Q+A. // Cabinet Maker;6/7/2002, Issue 5290, p4
Presents a question and answer advisory on furniture problems. Association of bobbles in the fabric of beds with pilling; Causes of pilling; Complaint of a customer on the minor defects of a product.
- Cover story. Roberts, Sonia // Cabinet Maker;10/02/98, Issue 5108, p14
Discusses how the selection of textile fabric affects furniture lines in Great Britain. 1996 market share for the upholstered furniture in the country; Projections of the growth of the market from 1990 to 2000; Market breakdown by value; Favorite upholstery fabric. INSET: Accessory update..
- Soft hand, vibrant colors drive sales. // Furniture/Today;11/24/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p32
Focuses on the trends in furniture fabrics in the U.S. Popularity of microfiber suede as upholstery cover; Features of microfiber suede; Sales performance of chenille fabrics.
- Time travellers. Lewis, Mark // Cabinet Maker;8/15/2003, Issue 5351, p12
Focuses on the trend of reproduction furniture for home decoration in Great Britain. Classification of fabric type; Concept of contemporary furniture; Efforts of the furniture industry to improve its product range.
- American Textile Hall of Fame inducts three. // Furniture/Today;10/17/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p90
Reports that a textile industry leader and two companies were inducted into the American Textile Hall of Fame at a luncheon in Lowell, Massachusetts. List of the 2005 inductees; Historical background of the American Textile Hall of Fame; Appointees by the museum.
- Domestic mills facing import challenges. // Furniture/Today;8/25/2003 Supplement, Vol. 27, p60
Reports on the state of fabric-covered upholstery in the U.S. Inability of U.S. fabric producers to beat import prices; Number of mill closings; Performance rating of domestic upholstery industry.
- Take a seat: There ain't your mama's fabrics. Andrews, Susan // Furniture/Today;9/8/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p40
Focuses on the popularity of stain-resistant apparel fabrics in the furniture industry and trade in the U.S. Increase of consumer awareness to performance fabrics; Assessment of the proprietary substances; Acceptance of microfibers in apparel advertising.
- market. Frankel, Elana // Interior Design;Feb2001, Vol. 72 Issue 2, p86
Features upholstery fabrics and furniture in the United States. Designs of the expanded drapery line of Rodolph; Release of Zoser, a series of tables from HAF; Availability of casement and upholstery fabrics from Sahco Hesslein/Bergamo.
- market. Yablonski, Alexa // Interior Design;Apr2002, Vol. 73 Issue 4, p131
Presents several products related to arts and fashion. Description of the furniture by Christina Biecher, designer; Usability of the paint chips mood cards from Fractalis Touching Color Collection; Features of the textile fabrics by Mark Pollack, designer.