Ikea remains king of hearts and purses
- Ikea puts renewed focus in kitchens after year of growth. // Cabinet Maker;11/29/2013, Issue 5863, p8
The article reports that furniture maker Ikea UK will make efforts to improve its kitchen business in Great Britain and Ireland.
- Council says no to Ikea in Hillingdon. Pamben, Deven // Cabinet Maker;10/14/2005, Issue 5460, p5
Reports on the rejection of Ikea Furniture Co.'s application to build a store at Hillingdon, London, England while a new store is due to open in Coventry, England. Reasons for the rejection; Petition signed by several people opposing the development; Area of the store that will be opened in...
- A last day opening for Nilson. // Cabinet Maker;7/11/2003, Issue 5346, p4
Reports on the duties of Goran Nilson on his last day as managing director of furniture retailer, Ikea in Great Britain.
- BAD WEEK. // Cabinet Maker;7/14/2006, Issue 5496, p51
The article offers information about the furniture firm Ikea UK. The Swedish firm exhibited broken furniture at the London Interiors Event. The event was held at Earls Court in London, England on July 3, 2006. It was disheartening for attendants of the event to see such a bad delivery from one...
- Profits shortfall. // Cabinet Maker;10/6/2006, Issue 5508, p3
The article forecasts a decline in Ikea Furniture Co.'s pre-tax profits despite a marginal increase in sales in Great Britain. The estimated reduction of 32% resulted in profits of Â£104.5 million on turnover of Â£1.1 billion. Ikea attributed the decline to one-off costs including the...
- Reversion therapy. Calton, Rachel // Cabinet Maker;4/27/2007, Issue 5535, p26
The article features the Loud and Proud, Vibrant , Metropolitan and Classic fabrics by Ikea Furniture Co. in the furniture industry in Great Britain. The Ikea management introduces bright colored fabrics in the interiors market in the country as part of their new furniture advertising campaign....
- Ikea to cut Thrapston distribution jobs. // Cabinet Maker;4/18/2008, Issue 5584, p30
The article reflects on the plan of Ikea International A/S to cut their distribution jobs in England on April 2003. The chain attributed its decision on the lack of new stores, caused by the length of time taken to planning permission. The distribution at Thrapston operated by Christian Salvesen...
- In brief. // Cabinet Maker;12/9/2005, Issue 5468, p5
The article offers news briefs related to the furniture industry in Great Britain. Ikea Furniture Co. is expected to launch a new quarterly magazine in September 2005. A networking meeting is being organized by the Association of Master Upholsterers and Soft Furnishers in Southampton, England....
- In brief. // Cabinet Maker;10/8/2004, Issue 5409, p5
Presents news concerning the British furniture industry as of October 8, 2004. Plan of WEBs to expand into the West Midlands and Bristol; Sales of Ikea UK for the year; Appointment of Jean Ouellette as chief operating officer of Harrods Ltd.