Make name dropping pay off
- Going global, but thinking local is a winning strategy. Crain, Rance // Crain's Chicago Business;11/20/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 48, p11
Discusses the marketing strategy of taking a world-class brand in the United States and making it a local brand in global markets. Integrating American brands with the local scenery; Factors that gave rise to the global consumer; Effects of media convergence.
- An effective company name will help market your business and push sales up. Gallagher, Bill // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;10/06/97, Issue 322208, p4
Offers guidelines on choosing a business name as an effective marketing tool. Reflection of the nature of the business; Expandability of the corporate name; Clarity of the name.
- Brand Conscious. McKimmie, Kathy // Indiana Business Magazine;Apr2002, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p48
Focuses on the role of marketing and communications executives in branding companies and products in Indiana. Creation of the brand identity of icorn.com by Chris Wirthwein, chief executive officer of 5MetaCom; Branding efforts of the Quality Chekd Dairies cooperative and marketing firm Keller...
- Oh-oh. // NZ Marketing Magazine;Dec98/Jan99, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p46
Reports on the arrival of the 01-01-00 life-style brand in New Zealand. Retailing event.
- Build the best brand -- create one around yourself. Gitomer, Jeffrey // Budapest Business Journal;12/9/2002, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p20
Presents a formula for businesspeople on developing a personal brand. Inclusion of the importance of dedicating time to build a brand; Combination of outreaches; Ways to become a resource; Importance of persistence and consistency; Recommendation of seeking professional help.
- Why brands are making me hit screaming point. Hall, Simon // Precision Marketing;7/4/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 38, p14
Proposes creation of a brand in the knowledge that it will have different conversations with different people. Cynicism about branding; Values that are not absolute; Aspects of bottom-up branding; Differentiating visual and emotional properties.
- Why online 'cookies' can leave a sour aftertaste for brand owners. Williams, Mike // Precision Marketing;8/1/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 42, p12
Reports on the impact of a personalized marketing communications in maximizing sales. Use of a personalized marketing communications to attract brands; Increase in response rates of companies.
- Brands: the new religion. Dumoulin, Daniel // Brand Strategy;Jan2003, Issue 167, p35
The article discusses the use of a direct analogy with religious movements by some brands in Great Britain. Key dimensions in religious or philosophical movements; Effectiveness of the religious movement strategy; Description of branding strategies of companies with religious movements.
- TRENDS. // Brand Strategy;Jan2003, Issue 167, p36
Reports developments related to trends in branding strategy sector in Great Britain. Reduction in advertising and marketing budgets of companies; Responsiveness of consumers to charities but cynical about the motives of big brands; Favor of adults to a restriction on kids marketing techniques.
- BRIEFS. // Marketing (00253650);5/23/2002, p13
Reports developments related to marketing in Great Britain as May 2002. Appointment of Wolff Olins by South West Regional Development Agency attract tourists; Selection of Fitch: London by optician Dollond & Aitchison to revamp its retail brand experience; Choice of the York City Football Club...