Exercise and Dietary Programming to Promote Maternal Health Fitness and Weight Management During Lactation
- The Effects of Participation in Exercise and Nutrition Education Program on Physical Fitness, Dietary Habits and Nutrition Intake Status for Adolescents. Ok Hyun Kim; Jin Kyung Park // Korean Journal of Obesity;Sep2012, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p158
Background: The current health promotion programs lack education on nutrition. This study was conducted to assess the effect of exercise and nutrition education program on physical fitness, dietary habits and nutrition intake status of adolescents. Methods: This intervention program was composed...
- Exercise and Lactation: Are They Compatible? Carey, Gale B.; Quinn, Timothy J. // Canadian Journal of Applied Physiology;Feb2001, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p55
Examines the compatibility of exercise during lactation. Effect of exercise on milk composition and volume; Improvement in cardiovascular fitness in lactating; Evidence of quicker return to pre-pregnancy body weight.
- The effects of regular postpartum exercise on mother and child. Larson-Meyer, D. Enette // International SportMed Journal;2003, Vol. 4 Issue 6, p1
Regular postpartum exercise is likely to have many health benefits which may include promoting body fat/body weight loss; promoting aerobic fitness and strength, optimising bone health; improving mood and promoting regular lifelong exercise habits in the mother and her offspring. While research...
- Long-Form DR Maintains Airtime Totals With Fewer New Shows. Savko, Jessica // Response;Dec2007, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p47
The article reports on the performance of health-and-fitness long-form direct response television (DRTV) advertisements in the U.S. Health-and-fitness long-form DRTV advertising continued to dominate the infomercial industry for the six consecutive year, with 26% of all new 30-minute direct...
- How to become your own personal trainer with the use of a heart rate monitor. Smith, Caroline // Fire Engineering;Jun96, Vol. 149 Issue 6, p118
Describes a personal exercise program for firefighters. Use of the heart rate monitor in managing the workout program; Definition of terms used in physical fitness training; Running program; Pace and exercise patterns; Use of weights during workouts.
- "I stopped making excuses". Autuori, Jenna // Shape;Apr2010, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p134
The article discusses an exercise and weight loss program which was used by Diane Carbonell to lose 159 pounds. A discussion of dietary changes and a work out regimen which Carbonell used to lose weight and become more physically fit is presented. Techniques which Carbonell used to stay...
- Preventive fitness. Gladwin, Laura A. // American Fitness;Nov/Dec96, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p34
Presents the practice parameters and professional objectives for an AFP Fitness Practitioner Certification. Health appraisal and fitness testing; Medical referrals; Individual documentation; Exercise program design; Nutrition and weight management.
- Design of FitFor2 study: the effects of an exercise program on insulin sensitivity and plasma glucose levels in pregnant women at high risk for gestational diabetes. Oostdam, Nicolette; Van Poppel, Mireille N. M.; Eekhoff, Elisabeth M. W.; Wouters, Maurice G. A. J.; Van Mechelen, Willem // BMC Pregnancy & Childbirth;2009, Vol. 9, p1
Background: Pregnancy is a period in the life of women that is often associated with decreased daily physical activity and/or exercise. However, maintaining adequate levels of daily physical activity during pregnancy is important for mother and child. Studies suggest that moderate daily physical...
- Finding a balance. Harrell, Jessica // Shape;May97, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p102
Relates how Jessica Harrell lost 25 pounds through exercise. Diagnosis of hypothyroidism during seventh grade; Poor eating habits and lack of exercise in high school; Realization of possible health complications due to weight problems; Development of personal nutritional and exercise program;...
- Sharpen your fitness smarts. Olson, PhD, HEALTH EXPERT Michele // All You;Oct2012, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p53
The article offers health advice and strategies to address exercise problems such as tracking the weight and starting a fitness program.