Sex Scandals in the Gender-Integrated Military
- Sexual harassment rampant in military services--USA. // Women's International Network News;Autumn90, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p44
Reports on the rampant cases of sexual harassment in the American military services. Growth in the number of women who experienced some form of direct harassment; Holding of several inquiries into allegations of sexual harassment in the US Naval Academy; Findings that women suffered more than...
- A question of consent. Thomas, Evan; Vistica, Gregory L. // Newsweek;4/28/1997, Vol. 129 Issue 17, p41
Focuses on the issues of sex, gender, and power in the United States military. Scandals involving alleged sexual harassment of female recruits by male drill instructors; Question of how much of the prohibited sexual relations in the military is consensual and how much constitutes rape or other...
- Dishonoring the U.S. uniform. Noah, Timothy; Newman, Richard J. // U.S. News & World Report;11/25/96, Vol. 121 Issue 21, p40
Focuses on the 1996 accusations of rape, sexual harassment, and fraternization at United States Army training posts. A drill sergeant and company commander charged with rape at Aberdeen Proving Ground in Maryland; Others implicated in the case; The Army's hotline for allegation of sexual...
- WOMEN WARRIORS. Hanson, Christopher // Columbia Journalism Review;May/Jun2002, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p46
Discusses the relationship between journalists and the women in U.S. Armed Forces in relation with whistle-blowing on gender discrimination in the service. Examples of complaints; Impact on policy-making; Discussion on the risk of distortions between stories; Suggestion on how the news media...
- Rape in the ranks. Newman, Richard J. // U.S. News & World Report;11/18/96, Vol. 121 Issue 20, p12
Focuses on the issue of sexual harassment in the United States armed forces. The Navy's 1991 Tailhook scandal; Charges brought against drill sergeants and a company commander at the Aberdeen, Maryland, Ordnance Center and School for sexual misconduct and rape involving a number of young female...
- Speaking of small...boys still will be boys. // Crain's Chicago Business;5/1/95, Vol. 18 Issue 18, p15
Presents statistics on sexual harassment of tradeswomen in the workplace. Working conditions at construction sites.
- Pervasive discrimination and sexual scandals in U.S. Army. // Women's International Network News;Autumn97, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p66
Reports on the prevalence of sex discrimination and harassment against female soldiers in the US Army. Selection of drill sergeants with records of wife abuse; Reprimand of Major General Robert D. Shadley, former commander of the Aberdeen Ordnance Center and School in Maryland, for failure to...
- Pervasive discrimination and sexual scandals in U.S. Army. // Women's International Network News;Autumn97, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p67
Presents the findings of a congressional panel on the prevalence of sex discrimination and harassment against female soldiers in the US Army. Army Equal Opportunity program; Extent of sexual harassment in the service; Leadership; Initial Entry Training.
- No more tailhooks. // Christian Science Monitor;11/14/96, Vol. 88 Issue 245, p20
Editorial. Discusses allegations of sexual misconduct faced by the military in the United States. Information on the `Tailhook' scandal which involved the Navy; Sexual misconduct allegations against the Army; Comparisons of how the Navy and the Army dealt with charges of sexual misconduct.