WEIGHT LOSS 101: A HEALTHY WEIGHT LOSS PROGRAM FOR COLLEGE STUDENTS
- Tax Savings for Dieters. // Tufts University Health & Nutrition Letter;Jun2002, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p2
Reports on the decision of the U.S. government to modify the tax code so that weight loss program costs are allowed as medical deductions in June 2002.
- Weight loss for grown-ups. Japenga, Ann // Health (Time Inc. Health);Jan/Feb98, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p74
Provides information about Solution, a 12 week program offered by Laurel Mellin, a dietitian who teaches community medicine and pediatrics at the University of California on weight-loss treatment. Mellin's suggestions for overweight adolescents; Components of the program. INSETS: Are you an...
- Corrigendum. // Clinical Pediatrics;Mar2014, Vol. 53 Issue 3, pNP1
Hampl S, Demeule M, Eneli I, et al. Parent perspectives on attrition from tertiary care pediatric weight management programs. Clin Pediatr. 2013; 52: 513-519.Original DOI: 10.1177_0009922813482515
- Survivor! Rubin, Courtney // Shape;Dec2000, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p92
Relates an experience in losing weight. Challenges faced; Resistance from weight gain temptations; Adjustment of the definition of workout schedule; Aid received from a nutrition expert. INSET: Workout schedule..
- New You. // BOYZ;1/20/2011, Issue 1012, p44
The article reports on the weight management program offered by Body Progress Centre in London, England.
- Peter Hall's Weight Loss Using the 'Get Slim Guaranteed' Programme. Price, Graham W. // Positive Health;Jun2012, Issue 195, p1
The article offers information on psychologist Graham W. Price's Get Slim Guaranteed Programme. Price's suggestion for people who want to lose weight is to focus on the psychology involved. The reasons why people do not maintain healthy eating and fitness programmes are discussed by Price who...
- Yes, worksite weight loss programs do work. // Patient Education Management;Feb2009, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p23
The article reports on the results of research regarding the effectiveness of worksite weight loss programs.
- MOUNTING RESEARCH BACKS PROTEIN FOR WEIGHT LOSS. Esrey, Susan Enfield // Functional Ingredients;Feb2012, Issue 116, p35
The article reports on an increase in American consumers who have become involved with weight loss diets which feature an increased consumption of protein and discusses research which supports the weight loss benefits of diets which feature decreased carbohydrates and increased levels of protein.
- Successful Dieting During the Holidays. Strotheide, Jason // American Chiropractor;Dec2015 Supplement chiropractic assistant, p20
The article offers tips for a successful food dieting in celebration of the Holiday season citing regular meals, skipping of appetizers and creating personalized food preferences.