BASELINE DATA ON COORDINATED SCHOOL HEALTH PROGRAMS IN THE STATE OF OHIO
- Healthy People 2010. Andersen, Ross E. // Physician & Sportsmedicine;Oct2000, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p7
Focuses on the objectives of the Healthy People 2010 (HP 2010) initiative in the United States. Assessment of the extent to which the Healthy People 2000 goals were met; Application to the 2010 initiative of the critical steps in reaching any goal; Health indicators identified as key objectives...
- Editorial. Health promotion indicators. Coming out of the maze with a purpose. St Leger, L // Health Promotion International;Sep99, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p193
Editorial. Focuses on the development of health promotion indicators. Contribution of health promotion and associated literature to the growth of understanding of indicators; Importance of refocusing emphasis on indicators.
- Optimal oral health: A need to make a distinction. Glick, Michael; Meyer, Daniel M. // Journal of the American Dental Association (JADA);Sep2013, Vol. 144 Issue 9, p974
The authors explore the meaning of optimal oral health. They note that optimal oral health becomes a contextual rather than absolute state of health if a patient's preferences and values are the principal driving forces for the type of treatment rendered. They state that optimal oral health can...
- Impact of rural health development programme in the Islamic Republic of Iran on rural--urban disparities in health indicators. Aghajanian, A.; Mehryar, A. H.; Ahmadnia, S.; Kazemipour, S. // Eastern Mediterranean Health Journal;nov/dec2007, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p1466
By 1979 50 years of uneven development and modernization by governments prior to the Islamic Revolution had left rural parts of the Islamic Republic of Iran with extremely low economic and health status. This paper reports on the impact of the rural health development programme implemented as an...
- The inside story on prison health. Jackson, Trevor // BMJ: British Medical Journal;6/1/2013, Vol. 346 Issue 7910, Preceding p1
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various articles within the issue on topics including prison health in Great Britain and switching to electronic cigarettes, to improve the environment for non-smoking prisoners.
- THE PROMISED LAND OF PROLONGED HEALTH. Huff, Patricia // Massage Magazine;Nov2012, Issue 198, p18
A letter to the editor is presented in which the author presents the wonders of discovering therapeutic message.
- ANALIZA SKUTECZNOÅšCI PROGRAMÃ“W PROMOCJI ZDROWIA W POLSCE. SZALONKA, KATARZYNA // Studia i Materialy Polskiego Stowarzyszenia Zarzadzania Wiedza /;2011, Issue 55, p198
National Health Programme implemented since 1995 aims at improving the health status of Polish society. One way is health education and prevention. Based on the survey questionnaire can be concluded that the Poles are not very physically active, 40% admitted to being overweight. Suffer from...
- How healthy are you? // Consumer Reports on Health;Jun2013, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p1
A quiz on dietary, lifestyle and exercise habits is presented which consumers can take to get an overview of their health status.
- news in brief. // SportEX Health (14718154);Jan2011, Issue 27, p3
The article offers news briefs related to physical fitness in Great Britain in 2011 including the lack of cycling infrastructures based on the Faculty of Public Health surveys, economic evaluation for playground playing investment in children and swimming lessons of children at Liverpool's...