Investors: Southeast paper a solid buy
- Southeast invisible supply. // Bond Buyer;08/20/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30461, p23
Presents issued bonds among Southeastern States in the United States as of August 20, 1998. Issuer and purpose; Amount; Approval status; Choice of underwriter; Expected sale date.
- Southeast bond-watch. Reisman, Michael; Koning, Rachel // Bond Buyer;11/18/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30771, p25
Reports on developments pertaining to bonds, taxation and state finance in the southern states of the United States. Includes Alabama state efforts to fix their franchise tax; Legislation proposing the issuance of bonds to raise funds for Amtrak; Issuance of revenue debt by the Fulton County...
- Structural booms: Why the south grows. Cunningham, Thomas J. // Economic Review (07321813);May/Jun95, Vol. 80 Issue 3, p1
Discusses competing explanations for the economic strength in the Southeastern states. Recession; Economic base models; Rates of job growth; Migration of parts manufacturers; Performance of industries; Structuralism.
- Back from the road. Dickerson, Linda A. // Executive Report;Mar1996, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p5
Presents author's insights to the factors contributing to the impressive growth of the southern part of the United States. Problems faced by the communities even as they compete for private investment dollars; Advancing opportunities commensurate with the problems; Hardships as impetus for...
- The Southeast: Land of growth and opportunity. Hayes, Jack // Nation's Restaurant News;1/16/95, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p11
Presents the author's observations on the growth and opportunity conditions in Southeastern states of the United States. Effect of Hurricane Andrew on Florida's economy; Effect of the 1996 Summer Olympics in Georgia; Rumors on Disney's construction prospects in North and South Carolina;...
- Modern south's emergence. Nolan, Joseph T. // Vital Speeches of the Day;01/01/98, Vol. 64 Issue 6, p171
Presents a speech by an economics instructor given before the Flagler Forum in Saint Augustine, Florida on November 6, 1997, dealing with the issue of the economic growth of the Southern States in the 1990s. Contributions of the region to the overall economic performance of the country;...
- Economic development in southern black belt counties: How does it measure up? Bellamy, Donald L.; Parks, Alfred L. // Review of Black Political Economy;Spring94, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p85
Examines the effects of racial concentration in shaping patterns of development in the rural South during the 1980s focusing on the southern Black Belt. Lost of manufacturing plants; Effect of racial concentration; Growth in per capita income.
- Determinants of poverty among workers in metro and nonmetro areas of the south. Thompson, Alton; McDowell, Donald R. // Review of Black Political Economy;Spring94, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p159
Examines selected factors affecting work and poverty in metro and nonmetro areas of the South, including rates of labor force participation and the demographic, economic, industrial and occupational characteristics of the working poor. Most important factor in distinguishing status; Odds of...
- Clintons, pea-rows and piggly wigglies. Cooper, Matthew // U.S. News & World Report;7/6/92, Vol. 113 Issue 1, p22
Discusses the signs of renewal in independent presidential candidate Ross Perot's hometown of Texarkana, Texas and in presidential candidate Bill Clinton's hometown of Hope, Arkansas. Texarkana is driven by the soy bean industry; Hope prospers with watermelons; Description of each town; The past...