K-12 schools get more state money
- Extra aid to poor Ala. districts rankles wealthier ones. White, Kerry A. // Education Week;9/25/96, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p22
Focuses on the impact of a school-finance plan in Alabama on the state's best-funded school districts. Features of the plan; Total number of school districts in the state; Average per-pupil spending in the state; Benefits of the plan.
- Ala. governor's aid plan seeks more flexibility. Lawton, Millicent // Education Week;4/26/95, Vol. 14 Issue 31, p13
Reports that Alabama's financially strapped schools would receive little money from the funding proposal from Governor Fob James Jr. in the fiscal year 1996. Court order for the improvement of schools and making the funding system equitable; Lump-sum payments to school districts; Requirements...
- GETTING BY WITH LE$$. Dianis, Laura // District Administration;Mar2003, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p24
Focuses on means for increasing revenue and reducing budgetary red tape in school districts in the U.S. Difficulty for California school superintendents to balance their budgets due to bills introduced by state legislature; Founding contributions from corporations. INSETS: HOSPITALITY...
- New Mexico Extends Wait for School Districts Wanting Piece of $100 Million Pie. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/8/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31198, p34
Reports on the funding of school districts in New Mexico. Division of the 100 million dollar pool; Sales of short-term revenue bonds.
- Colorado Seeks Settlement in Suit Alleging Bias in School Funding. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;04/28/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30880, p1
Reports that Colorado officials are hoping that their pledge to pay 190 million dollars to correct inequities in school funding will settle a lawsuit alleging a bias in the way the state provides capital funds to poor school districts. Details of the settlement proposal; Details of the funding...
- Texas schools may get windfall from legislature. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;
Reports that Texas school districts will benefit from several proposed bills in the Legislature. Program to equalize funding; Additional distribution of state money to school districts.
- Pressure Mounts For Overhauling Finance Systems. Keller, Bess // Education Week;02/07/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 21, p1
Reports on the calls to overhaul education finance systems in the United States. Changes in distributing money to school districts; Demands for tax relief.
- State education aid favors the wealthy. Kremer, Jerry // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);05/19/2000, Vol. 47 Issue 20, p62A
Examines the flaws of the school aid effort in Albany, New York. No limit to the amount of money that a school district can get; Failure to provide aid to district that have the least real estate wealth; Failure of court cases challenging the way that Albany gives out aid.
- Lake Placid school receives grant for mountain bike program. // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;5/15/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 115, pA2
The article reports on the 1,000 dollars in grants received by Lake Placid Central School District in New York from the Eat Well Play Hard Community Project of the North Country Healthy Heart Network.