Trusts' apathy about technology may harm their ability to compete
- Eight IFA firms to take tech agenda to the providers. Henshall, Angela // Money Marketing;2/13/2003, p7
Reports on the alliance of various independent financial advisers (IFA) with information technology providers in Great Britain to provide adviser-led technology to IFA firms. Emphasis on existing IT user problems such as multiple passwords and rekeying; Utilization of technology for advisers;...
- Out of the loop? Gray, Simon // International Money Marketing;Nov2003, p18
Examines the potential for information technology to ease the work of independent financial advisers in Great Britain. Support that financial advisers get from product providers; Challenges in implementing major software systems; Reduction of administrative costs. INSETS: SAVING TIME IS MORE...
- Indiana system desires top-tier consideration. Burr, Barry B. // Pensions & Investments;1/21/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p4
Reports the efforts of Indiana Public Employees' Retirement Fund to be recognized by money managers as a sophisticated investor in the United States. Assets of Indiana; Details of the bill pending in the General Assembly; Positions available for the year 2002.
- Acquirers of money managers in '95 focused on smallest... Fraser, Katharine // American Banker;5/8/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 88, p6
States that banks and trust companies were the most active acquirers of money management firms. Reference to Berkshire Capital Corporation's review of money management transactions; Statistics on money management transactions; View of Peter L. Bain, Berkshire's managing principal; Information...
- Getting investment managers to sell. Bersot, Mary M. // ABA Banking Journal;Jun90, Vol. 82 Issue 6, p51
Focuses on the recruitment of investment managers to sell by trust professionals in the U.S. Resentment of managers to bureaucracy; Use of an attractive incentive compensation program for motivation; Measurement of sales performance.
- Matthew Wyles joins Castle Trust. Thomas, Paul // Money Marketing;5/9/2013, p5
The article announces the appointment by equity loan provider Castle Trust of former Nationwide Building Society group distribution director Matthew Wyles as a senior adviser to its group board.
- Local investment adviser taps into burgeoning trust sector. Boylan, Athony Burke // Crain's Chicago Business;10/16/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 43, p14
Reports on the recasting of Chicago, Illinois-based investment manager Concord Investment Co. as a trust company. Trust services needed by the clients of the company; Demand for trust services.
- Mutual fund suppliers step into cyberspace, despite concerns. Moore, Michael O'D. // American Banker;2/4/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 23, p7
Focuses on the information technology ventures by companies that supply investment products and services to banks. Features of concerns over problems with transacting on the World Wide Web; Features of the services offered by Liberty Financial Cos. through some subsidiaries' World Wide Web...
- Tales of the unexpected. Reynard, Cherry // International Money Marketing;Jan2002, p28
Examines the 2001 forecasts of fund managers and strategists. Decline in the performance of Great Britain's FTSE 100 index; Losses of MSCI Information Technology.