Baptist Health assembles legal team for IRS fight to keep 501(c)(3) status
- Jewish out, Baptist in. Limbacher, Patricia B. // Modern Healthcare;08/18/97, Vol. 27 Issue 33, p19
Focuses on the Baptist Healthcare Systems, which was hired by the Hardin Memorial Hospital in Elizabethtown, after Jewish Hospital HealthCare Services discontinued its three year contract. Why the company ended its contract; Description of the hospital.
- MERGERS/ACQUISITIONS. Greene, Jan // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;06/20/97, Vol. 71 Issue 12, p25
Reports on the certificate of public advantage issued to Baptist Healthcare System and Richland Memorial Hospital in Columbia, South Carolina that lets them merge and take over for more than half of Columbia's hospital market. The certificate as a requirement of a state law; Key to winning the...
- Fan favorite freight management success stories. Schwieger, Doug // Healthcare Purchasing News;Jul2010, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p73
The article presents a success story in health facility freight/shipping management involving the use of the OptiFreight service for volume-based discounts by the Baptist Healthcare System Inc.
- Southeast. // Modern Healthcare;3/20/95, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p44
Reports that Birmingham, Alabama-based Baptist Health System has signed long-term lease agreements with Walker Regional Medical Center, Lawrence County Hospital and Marion County Medical Center.
- System cuts tie to Baptist group. Asplund, Jon // AHA News;05/06/96, Vol. 32 Issue 18, p6
Reports that Baptist Healthcare System in Louisville, Kentucky has dissolved its ties with the Kentucky Baptist Convention. Reason for the change according to Baptist Healthcare System President Tommy J. Smith.
- Alliant, Baptist systems formalize discussions on possible venture. // Modern Healthcare;1/3/94, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p8
Reports on formal discussions between two Louisville, Kentucky hospital systems Alliant Healthcare System and Baptist Healthcare System. Informal talks for months; Topics of discussion; Information on facilities of both systems.
- DOWN-HOME DISPENSATION. Nordhaus-Bike, Anne M. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;05/20/98, Vol. 72 Issue 10, p64
Presents information pertaining to hospital mergers in the South Carolina, while focusing on a deal which undermines the antitrust law. Information on the merger of Baptist Healthcare System and Richland Memorial Hospital, both of Columbia, South Carolina; Comments from Chuck Beaman, former...
- Baptist Healthcare names top exec to replace Vaughn. Burda, David // Modern Healthcare;3/27/95, Vol. 25 Issue 13, p22
Reports on Louisville, Kentucky-based Baptist Healthcare System's appointment of Tommy Smith as the system's president and chief executive officer. Resignation of Edgar Vaughn; Reason for Vaughn's resignation.
- Court gives OK to S.C. merger. Hallam, Kristen // Modern Healthcare;02/02/98, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p32
Reports on the approval of United States Supreme court on the merger between Baptist Healthcare System and the Richland Memorial Hospital. Antitrust scrutiny that blocked the hospitals' struggle to merge; Terms of the agreement between the hospitals in soliciting the state regulatory approval;...