D.C. will have Clinton officials' help in talking up GOs with rating agencies
- CFTC Head: Swaps Rules to Cover Few. // American Banker;11/12/2010, Vol. 175 Issue F344, p15
The article focuses on U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission Chairman Gary Gensler and his views on proposed rules for swaps dealers as of November 12, 2010.
- Gensler Joins Enterprise Board. // Journal of Housing & Community Development;Nov/Dec2001, Vol. 58 Issue 6, p41
Reports the participation of Gary Gensler to the Board of Trustees of The Enterprise Foundation. Objectives of the foundation; Career history; Employment background.
- Gensler confirmed as CFTC chair. Birkner, Christine // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Jul2009, Vol. 38 Issue 7, p12
The article announces several appointments which include Gary Gensler as chairman of the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), Dan Berkovitz as general counsel of CFTC and Raymond Denney as senior vice president for foreign exchange marketing at Newedge.
- The Goldman Rule. // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Sep2010, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p8
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses the cover story which features Gary Gensler, chairman of the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), concerning the correction of the record on over-the-counter (OTC) regulation.
- Pressure rises on London regulators. // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;8/1/2012, p34
The article reports that Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) chairman Gary Gensler accused London regulators of providing a regulatory loophole where U.S. banks could carry out risky over-the-counter (OTC) trades.
- washington people. Wack, Kevin; Anason, Dean // American Banker;5/29/2012, p2
The article presents brief commentary on several topics including remarks by U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission chairman Gary Gensler on tax havens, remarks by chief executive Rusty Cloutier of MidSouth Bancorp on the importance to banks of having good relations with regulators, and the...
- Sen. Bill Nelson challenges CFTC chief: Curb oil speculation or exit. Schroeder, Peter // Hill;4/4/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 42, p14
The article reports that U.S. Senator Bill Nelson of Florida has sent a letter to U.S. President Barack Obama stating the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) chairman Gary Gensler must not be reappointed if he do not implement rules cutting down the speculation in the oil future markets.
- CFTC chairman wants new rules implemented quickly. Brush, Silla // Hill;9/22/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 102, p24
The article reports on the aggressive timetable laid out by Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) Chairman Gary Gensler for enforcing new regulations for the multitrillion-dollar derivatives market in the U.S. in 2010.
- Sorry Elizabeth, Wall Stleet Said No. SCHEER, ROBERT // Progressive Populist;8/15/2011, Vol. 17 Issue 14, p11
The author comments on the appointment of former Goldman Sachs partner Gary Gensler as head of the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission.