GFOA's `first priority' with Congress will be fight over Internet tax ban
- Bills Would Ban Taxes on Some E-Purchases. Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;5/16/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33517, p5
The article reports on the bills introduced by the U.S. Senate and House which prohibit states and localities to impose tax on electronic transactions.
- Sara Jerome Texas House defies Perron online collections sales fax. Jerome, Sara // Hill;6/13/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 83, p15
The article reports on the refusal of the Texas House to get rid of a provision which intends to tighten tax rules on online retailers in the state in 2011.
- Tax-free cyberspace. // State Government News;Nov98, Vol. 41 Issue 9, p6
Reports that states will be prohibited from taxing sales over the Internet under United States federal bills nearing final approval in October 1998. Purpose of the bills; State leaders' reaction to the bills.
- Recent action on Internet taxation. // Congressional Digest;May2000, Vol. 79 Issue 5, p141
Reports issues regarding policy for Internet taxation in the United States. Bills approved by President Bill Clinton in 1998 imposing taxes to Internet access; Legislations on Internet taxation pending in the US Congress; Senate Budget Committee hearings on Internet Taxation on February 2,...
- Too soon for Internet sales tax. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;09/11/2000, Issue 322667, p30
Editorial. Focuses on Internet sales taxation in California. Proposed bill by the California State Legislature.
- TAXATION OF ELECTRONIC COMMERCE: AN EXAMINATION OF CANADIAN GOVERNMENT TAX POLICIES AND.... Downer, Pauline // Journal of Financial Management & Analysis;Jan-Jun2001, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p52
Examines the government tax policies and directives on the taxation of electronic commerce in Canada. Implication of electronic commerce on taxation; Application of Adam Smith's canons of taxation; Development of paradigms to determine the optimum method of applying direct taxes to electronic...
- Rhode Island Hops on Bandwagon to Tax Internet Sales. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;7/17/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31182, p4
Reports the enactment of taxation policy on Internet sales by the Rhode Island state. Approval of the bill by Governor Lincoln Almond; Expectations of law backers on uniform definitions of taxable items; Reason behind the enactment of the policy.
- State Bureaucrats Plot Higher Internet Taxes. De Rugy, Veronique // Human Events;3/10/2003, Vol. 59 Issue 9, p22
Reports on the plan of Illinois bureaucrats to create a revised system for taxing Internet purchases. Decision of the U.S. Supreme Court in the Quill versus North Dakota case; Details of the Streamlined Sales Tax Project; Benefits of the proposal.
- The taxman in cyberspace. Korte, Mills // Fairfield County Business Journal;06/28/99, Vol. 38 Issue 26, p4
Comments on the United States government's plan to impose tax on Internet commerce. Impact of the rise of electronic commerce on non-wired retailers; Conflict between pro- and anti-tax forces; Areas on which taxation is focused; Study showing the frequency of change in sales and use tax...