Air National Guard
- Molding the Air National Guard into a 21st century `CyberGuard.' Shepperd, Donald W. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;4/16/1997, Vol. 146 Issue 16, p44
Presents the thoughts of Major General Donald W. Shepperd, director of the US Air National Guard, on the 50th anniversary of the US Air Force in 1997. Goals and accomplishments of the Air National Guard.
- DEPARTMENT OF THE AIR FORCE. // United States Government Manual;2001/2002, p164
Provides information on the U.S. Air Force as of January 2001. Tasks of the Air National Guard; Functions of the Air Force Reserve Command; Officers of the Air Force.
- Active Air Force, Reserve & Guard Facilities. // Airman;Jan2003, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p22
Presents a list of major and minor active Air Force, Air National Guard and Air Force Reserve bases facilities in the U.S. Inclusion of contact numbers of the personnel; Linkage to the Web site of the organization; Location of headquarter in Guam.
- Improving Air Force Capability. // Officer;Dec2009/Jan2010, Vol. 85 Issue 10, p54
The author discusses the need for improvement in the capability of the U.S. Air Force Reserve which is being considered by the Department of Defense (DoD) to perform missions through their unique civilian skill sets. He states that integration among the Air Force Reserve, Air National Guard, and...
- Reserve fully engaged in overall effort to reinvigorate nuclear enterprise. Stenner Jr., Charles E. // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Feb2010, Vol. 62 Issue 1, p2
The article looks into the significant roles of the U.S. Air Force Reserve in reinvigorating the nuclear logistics enterprise, the top priority of the Air Force. It discusses Reserve's partnership with the Air Force and the Air National Guard. It cites the establishment of B-52 associate units...
- Liaison helps guardsman, reservists in Southwest Asia deal with challenging array of issues, problems. Stutz, Douglas H. // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Apr2003, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p25
Reports on the job of the air reserve component liaison officer at the U.S. Air National Guard and Air Force Reserve. Provision of information and assistance to help members of the air reserve components deal with issues and solve these problems; Role of Ron Brooks, liaison for the Air National...
- Technology Gives Airmen Control Over Personnel Transactions. Mazezka, Kelly // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Feb2008, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p8
The article reports on the usefulness of virtual Personnel Center-Guard and Reserve (vPC-GR) on Air National Guard and Air Force Reserve in the U.S. The vPC-GR Dashboard streamlines the way people manage their vPC-GR account profiles, submits new requests and checks the status of requests. Since...
- Niagara Falls wing part of Herculean gathering of C-130s. Lester, David P. // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Jun2003, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p6
Reports on the joined forces of the U.S Air Force Reserve and the Air National Guard units. Deployment of an aircraft to a forward location in the Central Command area of responsibility; Priority of the task; Employment of the U.S. military machine.
- Air National Guard. // Monkeyshines on America;Jan2004 U.S. Military Air Force, p7
The Air National Guard is a special part of U.S. Air Force that provides service for civilians during times of emergencies and for U.S. military during times of war. The Air National Guard first began on September 18, 1947, the same day the Air Force became an individual branch of U.S. military....