Air Force Material Command
- Keeping Air Force Assets Safe, Secure, Reliable. Carlson, Troy // Wingman;Winter2012, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p42
The article discusses the Nuclear Surety Staff Assistance Visit (NSSAV) program being conducted by the U.S. Air Force Materiel Command (AFMC).
- USAF May Fall Short 3,000 Engineers. Hedden, Carole // Aviation Week & Space Technology;8/6/2001, Vol. 155 Issue 6, p65
Reports on the expected vacancy of around 3,000 positions for civilian engineers and scientists at the United States Air Force Materiel Command at the Wright-Patterson Air Force Base in Ohio. Necessity of overcoming base salary of civilian and military engineers; Complications arising from...
- Current Logistics Research. // Air Force Journal of Logistics;Fall2000, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p24
Focuses on developments and several studies dealing with logistics. Air Force Materiel Command (AFMC) Studies and Analyses Office's sponsorship of studies and research of significant materiel issues; Wholesale back order targets study; Quantitative methodology for determining issue...
- LEADERS UNVEIL NEW PARTNERSHIP FOR WEAPON-SYSTEMS ACQUISITION. Rumple, JoAnne // Defense AT&L;Jan2008, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p54
The article reports on the One Materiel Enterprise partnership formed by the U.S. Air Force Materiel Command (AFMC) and acquisition professionals to improve weapon-system acquisition. Speaking at the October 2007 joint commander's call held at AFMC Ohio headquarter, Air Force and AFMC leaders...
- Air Force Material Command. // Airman;Jan2003, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p8
Features the U.S. Air Force Materiel Command. Mission of the organization; Responsibilities of the officials; Integration of affordable warfighting technologies for air and space forces.
- Air Force Materiel Command. // Airman;Jan2005, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p8
Presents the Materiel Command of the U.S. Air Force in Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio. Role of General Gregory S. Martin as Commander of the organization; Mission of the group; List of major product and test centers.
- Planning Module. Carter, Maurice W.; Clarke, Ronald W. // Air Force Journal of Logistics;Winter99, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p21
Discusses the development of a prototype planning module for the Execution and Prioritization of Repair Support System (EXPRESS), the heart of the United States Air Force Materiel Command Lean Logistics program. Operation of EXPRESS at the air logistics centers for daily execution decisions for...
- Why So Many AWP LRUs? Carter, Maurice W. // Air Force Journal of Logistics;Winter2002, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p31
Reports on the stockage policy for repair parts of the Air Force Materiel Command in the U.S. Support to the component repair program; Awaiting parts status of line-replaceable units; Availability of Air Force depot resources.
- GLOBAL LOGISTICS SUPPORT CENTER (PROVISIONAL) STANDS UP. Scharven, Ron // Defense AT&L;Sep/Oct2007, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p40
The article reports that U.S. Air Force Materiel Command's Global Logistics Support Center (GLSC) designed to consolidate logistics aid has been officially stood up on May 7, 2007. Enterprise-wide planning of the Air Force supply chain is one of the primary functions of GLSC. Air Force Colonel...
- Symbiosis. FORD, CHRIS // Site Selection;Jan2015, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p151
The article focuses on the partnership of U.S. Air Force and the local community of Dayton in Ohio towards progress. It mentions that Dayton is the place where the Wright-Pratt base is located and is the home for tha Air Force Materiel Command Headquarters. It cites the contribution of the air...