Breeding perfromance in the Italian chicken breed Mericanel della Brianza
- The effect of egg weight on the hatchability and growth performance of New Hampshire and Rhode Island Red chicks. De Witt, F.; Schwalbach, L. M. J. // South African Journal of Animal Science;2004, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p62
A trial was conducted to determine the effect of egg-weight on the hatchability and growth performance of chickens. Large and medium eggs of New Hampshire (NH) and Rhode Island Red (RIR) hens were grouped in four categories, according to their weight and breed. Twenty-seven eggs from each group...
- Guineas, chickens and the persistent setting pullet. Ledesma Jr., Luis // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;Jan/Feb2005, Vol. 89 Issue 1, p72
Talks about the experience of taking care of guineas and chickens. Benefits associated with taking care of guineas; Reason for selecting two breeds of chicken; Characteristic of the Wyandotte pullets when it comes to hatching eggs.
- Our experiences with broody hens. Mullen, Jeanne // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;May/Jun99, Vol. 83 Issue 3, p87
Provides information on how to raise broody hens. Features of Araucanas; Flavor quality of rooster meat; Recommended place for hens to brood its eggs; Advantages of fresh grass to hens; Advice on the use of a bantam for hatching eggs; Advantages of sprouted wheat for feeding hens.
- Frequency of different shell color and its effect on the fertility and hatchability in Black rock, Gramapriya and Vanaraja breeds of chicken. Kumar, Abhay; Das, Keshab; Mukherjee, K.; Bharti, A.; Singh, A. K. // Veterinary World;Oct2012, Vol. 5 Issue 10, p594
Aim: A study was undertaken to assess the effect of shell color on the fertility and hatchability in three different breeds of chicken viz, Black Rock, Gramapriya and Vanaraja maintained at Government Poultry Farm, Durg (Chhattisgarh). Materials and Methods: A total of 180 eggs from each breed...
- Restoring wildlife to its rightful place. // National Wildlife (World Edition);Feb/Mar2000, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p4
Comments on the importance of restoring declining wildlife populations. Efforts of environmentalists in saving salmon populations.
- Experimenting with chickens. Ovefelt, Willene // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;Jan/Feb2005, Vol. 89 Issue 1, p78
Explores a system used in finding best chicken meat and egg layers. Effect of commercial feed on chickens; Breeds of chicken a breeder can experiment with; Mystery in setting hens.
- The Effect of Disinfection of Hatching Eggs on Hatchability of Oravka Chickens. Hrnčár, Cyril; Prachárová, Simona; Bujko, Jozef // Scientific Papers: Animal Science & Biotechnologies / Lucrari St;Dec2012, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p411
The aim of this the work was evaluated effect of disinfection of Oravka hatching eggs by formalin gas (20 g KMnO4 + 30 g formaldehyde of 40 % concentration to 1 mÂ³ of a space) and ozone (0.450 ppm in time 12 hours) on fertility, hatchability, spontaneity of chickens hatching and embryonal...
- The Effect of Eggshell Quality on Hatchability of Pure Chicken Breeds. Hrnčár, Cyril; Gič, Dominik; Bujko, Jozef // Scientific Papers: Animal Science & Biotechnologies / Lucrari St;Dec2012, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p415
Hatchability is affected by a variety of factors. Eggshell quality plays very important role among these factors. In this work we analysed eggshell quality, hatchability and embryonic mortality of pure chicken breeds New Hampshire, Oravka, Plymouth Rock, Rhode Island Red and Sussex Light....
- Analysis of the Population Dynamics of an Endangered Lizard (Xenosaurus grandis) through the Use of Projection Matrices. Zúñiga-Vega, J. Jaime; Valverde, Teresa; Rojas-González, R. Isaac; Lemos-Espinal, Julio A. // Copeia;May2007, Vol. 2007 Issue 2, p324
We conducted a demographic analysis from 2000 to 2004 of a population of the crevice-dwelling lizard, Xenosaurus grandis, in Veracruz, MÃ©xico. We used population projection matrices to model its population dynamics. Three of the four annual matrices projected an actively growing population,...