Breeding perfromance in the Italian chicken breed Mericanel della Brianza
- Frequency of different shell color and its effect on the fertility and hatchability in Black rock, Gramapriya and Vanaraja breeds of chicken. Kumar, Abhay; Das, Keshab; Mukherjee, K.; Bharti, A.; Singh, A. K. // Veterinary World;Oct2012, Vol. 5 Issue 10, p594
Aim: A study was undertaken to assess the effect of shell color on the fertility and hatchability in three different breeds of chicken viz, Black Rock, Gramapriya and Vanaraja maintained at Government Poultry Farm, Durg (Chhattisgarh). Materials and Methods: A total of 180 eggs from each breed...
- Guineas, chickens and the persistent setting pullet. Ledesma Jr., Luis // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;Jan/Feb2005, Vol. 89 Issue 1, p72
Talks about the experience of taking care of guineas and chickens. Benefits associated with taking care of guineas; Reason for selecting two breeds of chicken; Characteristic of the Wyandotte pullets when it comes to hatching eggs.
- Restoring wildlife to its rightful place. // National Wildlife (World Edition);Feb/Mar2000, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p4
Comments on the importance of restoring declining wildlife populations. Efforts of environmentalists in saving salmon populations.
- The Effect of Disinfection of Hatching Eggs on Hatchability of Oravka Chickens. Hrnčár, Cyril; Prachárová, Simona; Bujko, Jozef // Scientific Papers: Animal Science & Biotechnologies / Lucrari St;Dec2012, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p411
The aim of this the work was evaluated effect of disinfection of Oravka hatching eggs by formalin gas (20 g KMnO4 + 30 g formaldehyde of 40 % concentration to 1 mÂ³ of a space) and ozone (0.450 ppm in time 12 hours) on fertility, hatchability, spontaneity of chickens hatching and embryonal...
- The Effect of Eggshell Quality on Hatchability of Pure Chicken Breeds. Hrnčár, Cyril; Gič, Dominik; Bujko, Jozef // Scientific Papers: Animal Science & Biotechnologies / Lucrari St;Dec2012, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p415
Hatchability is affected by a variety of factors. Eggshell quality plays very important role among these factors. In this work we analysed eggshell quality, hatchability and embryonic mortality of pure chicken breeds New Hampshire, Oravka, Plymouth Rock, Rhode Island Red and Sussex Light....
- Experimenting with chickens. Ovefelt, Willene // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;Jan/Feb2005, Vol. 89 Issue 1, p78
Explores a system used in finding best chicken meat and egg layers. Effect of commercial feed on chickens; Breeds of chicken a breeder can experiment with; Mystery in setting hens.
- EVALUATION OF PRODUCTIVE TRAITS OF CHICKEN LINES FROM THE NATIONAL GENE POOL. Lalev, M.; Oblakova, M.; Mincheva, N.; Hristakieva, P.; Ivanova, I. // Trakia Journal of Sciences;2012, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p38
The issue of avian gene pool preservation should be linked to the development of a new trend in selection allowing rational use of the diversity of breeds and lines. Ten original chickens lines are reared in the Poultry Breeding Unit at the Institute of Agriculture, Stara Zagora: ?Z-80 B, ?Z-80...
- DEVELOPMENT OF NEW LAYING HEN LINES. I. GROWTH POTENTIAL AND EGG PRODUCTION RATE. Lalev, M.; Oblakova, M.; Mincheva, N.; Hristakieva, P.; Ivanova, I. // Trakia Journal of Sciences;2012, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p43
The experiment was performed in the Poultry Breeding Unit at the Institute of Agriculture, Stara Zagora, in 2009-2010. Three different chicken genotypes obtained by a specific plan were used: line R and line T from the Rhode Island Red breed and line N from the Rhode Island White breed. For each...
- 50 Years of Behavior. // National Wildlife (World Edition);Apr/May86, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p54
Focuses on studies on wildlife behavior conducted by the National Wildlife Federation in the U.S. Significance of studying animal behavior in the task of monitoring their population; Animal navigation during migration; Studies on aggression within a species; Ways by which animals protect...