REVENUE COSTS AND INCENTIVE EFFECTS OF THE MORTGAGE INTEREST DEDUCTION FOR OWNER-OCCUPIED HOUSING
- Community Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Matching Grant Program; Availability of Application for Federal Financial Assistance. Quiller, Carol // Federal Register;3/14/2014, Vol. 79 Issue 50, p14599
The article presents a notice regarding the availability of the application package for the 2015 Community Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Matching Grant Program in the U.S.
- STATUTORY REQUIREMENTS. // Finweek;12/6/2007, p69
The article presents information on the statutory requirements for business start up. There are various taxes that are prerequisites in complying the statutory benefits and these includes the income tax, where the all the registered businesses must have their yearly submission; Provisional tax,...
- Fuss and Furore. Maas, Robert // Accountancy;Jul99, Vol. 124 Issue 1271, p97
This article focuses on the confusion caused by the British government's budget day press release, IR35. The article suggests that it's all on behalf of government's failure to clarify the matter. The budget proposals on personal service companies seem to have caused greater consternation than...
- Privy Council decision. Greene, Chris; Maddalena, Christina // Accountancy;Jun2000, Vol. 125 Issue 1282, p120
This article reports on payments which the appellant received while Privy Council was being wound up were 'distributions' within the meaning of section 49(1) (b), Trinidad and Tobago Tax Act, and are chargeable to income tax. However, the appellant was not entitled to a dividend income tax...
- Runaway Relief Hinges on Tax Bill. Boliek, Brooks // Back Stage;10/8/2004, Vol. 45 Issue 41, p56
This article reports that, the lawmakers are using to develop a final version of the tax bill that Congress hopes to approve this year is a tax break for movies made in the U.S. Included in the discussion draft that tax writers from the House and Senate are using is language that would reduce...
- Business Entertainment Expense Deductions by Service Members. Squires Jr., Malcolm H.; Webster, Linda K. // Army Lawyer;Dec96, Issue 289, p13
Examines the rules of military occupational and social engagement. Application of sections 162 and 2744 if the Internal Revenue Code to the expenses incurred by service members at command and staff officials; Creation of classes of entertainment expenses; Bill to disallow deduction for the cost...
- Reimbursed Entertainment Expenses. Miller, Steven T. // Federal Register;8/1/2012, Vol. 77 Issue 148, p45520
The article presents notice of proposed rulemaking (NPRM) for the reimbursement of entertainment expenses issued by the U.S. Department of the Treasury's Internal Revenue Service (IRS). The proposed regulations will explain the exemption of deduction limitations on expenditures paid or incurred...
- IRS hearing addresses substantiation requirements. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Jan95, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p6
Reports on deliberations by the United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS) regarding substantiation requirements for charitable work expenditures. Valuing of open-ended benefits; Revision of Internal Revenue Code rulings.
- Office Afloat? P. H. // MotorBoating;Apr2011, Vol. 204 Issue 4, p54
The article focuses on a room dedicated for various business purposes which is being required by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) so that a boat can be qualified for a home office deduction.