- First Row. Maks, Michele // Crochet World;Feb2009, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p4
The author expresses her views on being the editor of the "Crochet World." She cites her privilege of working with innumerable yarns and publications, promoting crochet by crochet design for the last twenty years. She mentions the changes that her editorship will bring to the publication such as...
- GREAT CROCHET: SIMPLE TIPS TO MAKE IT HAPPEN PART 1. Turner, Pauline // Crochet!;Jul2007, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p62
The article offers tips on crocheting. Details of how to use several types of yarn to complement a design are outlined. Tips on selecting hooks for a crochet design are provided. The process of crocheting with one type of yarn to another type of yarn is described. The steps in crocheting a...
- Annie's Answers. // Annie's Favorite Crochet;Aug2006, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p19
Presents tips in crocheting. Use of rug yarn instead of sport yarn when crocheting slippers; Importance of using a single crochet when making an afghan or sweater; Stiffening solution for fabrics.
- Crochet Potpourri. Blosser, Sharon; Wildenberg, Carol Kellie; Allen, Karen; Sunkel, Milly; Simpson, Carmela; Neal, Dolores; Shelton, Barbara; Nichols, Leola; Hart, Jenny; Valentine, Barbara; Dutra, Krista; Olwin, Diane; Blodgett, Eunice; Collins, Patricia; Selph, Debra; Ruhland, Linda; Gonzales, Betty; Malone, Martha; Reynolds, Missy; Patenaude, Sandra // Crochet World;Feb2008, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p18
The article presents several readers' letters requesting for special crochet patterns and yarns. Two grandparents are requesting for a kitty pattern and a unicorn pattern, respectively, so they can make one for their grandchild. Another reader is asking for crocheted or easy knit children's sock...
- Granny Scarf. // Annie's Favorite Crochet;Oct2005, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p10
The article provides information on creating a granny square scarf. The materials needed for crocheting are Spinrite Bernat Solo bulky weight yarn, crochet hook, balls and lichen. The procedures for making the scarf are detailed.
- Crochet Connections. Davis, Freda; Rayburn, Linda; Armstrong, N. A.; McLafferty, Sheila; Aguilar, Janie; Madison, Brenda; Hart, Elizabeth; Charboneau, Jennifer; Forell, Karen; Goltry, Ruth; Velez, Gilca M. // Crochet World;Feb2012, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p26
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including one on crocheting granny squares, another one on filet crochet cow patterns and another one on yarn made by Red Heart for the Christmas holidays.
- What you need to know. Dupernex, Alison // Start to Knit;2008, p10
The article discusses needed information when starting to knit. It presents a table of abbreviations of common terms that are indicated in most knitting patterns. It lists the various weights of yarns based on British and American measurements. The author shares that tension or gauge can be...
- Sock Hop. Smith, Marcy // Interweave Crochet;Dec2011, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p10
The article offers tips on crocheting socks and measuring sock yarns. It notes that some yarns are designated as sock yarns, and ;most have a very tight twist, giving them spring. It suggests to choose the weight which best suits the project, lighter for lacy socks and heavier for hiking socks....
- CROCHET CLASS. // Creative Knitting;Mar2008, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p72
The article offers information on several crochet stitches. The single crochet (sc) is done by inserting the hook in the second chain through the center of the so-called V and bringing the yarn over the hook from back to front. Slip Stitch is done by inserting the hook under both loops of the...